Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's play area flooring recommendations

Options
  • 04-04-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a play area installed in the back garden, consisting of a 4M diameter trampoline and a 6M X 5M tower and swing set.

I need recommendations for flooring as there are many options. I want to stay away from bark mulch or rubber mulch.

Total area to be covered is 60 sq.M so budget will come into play too...

Can anyone share experiences with different types of surface, matting, artificial grass or outdoor carpet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We just used clean blue stone chips, 6 inch deep.
    Deep enough to give if a kid falls over. Dries instantly when rain stops and hasn’t needed anything bar pulling odd weed in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks, hadn't thought of using stone at all to be honest but wouldn't anyway because I don't want them kicked into the grass. Similar reason to my not wanting mulch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

All options are going to be pricey of you move away from bark or rubber mulch. I'm doing something similar but on a much smaller scale. I'm going to be using artificial grass with a layer of sand underneath for cushioning. It can be pricey but himestore and more where doing 4sqm rolls for 26 euro so I just got a few of those

Advertisement