If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for building home cinema set + warranty query

Options
  • 04-04-2018 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi team,

I have been looking to upgrade the audio in our living room, initial budget around 650 euro.
    I would like a 5.1 or 5.0 set for now, and later potentially expand to 5.1.2 Atmos/DTS:X.

My research ended up on these components:
    - Pioneer VSX932
    - 2 sets of the TANNOY ECLIPSE TWO
    - Tannoy MERCURY 7C as a center

My questions: 
    1. Any thoughts on this combo?
    2. Do you think these the speakers of different Tannoy series could work together ok?
    3. Would the floorstanders provide sufficient bass without an additional subwoofer?
    4. I signed up for the VIP club, but still get the option to add 6 year supercare in the checkout stage for the receiver. Can you confirm if I can avail from the VIP club 6 year warranty?

Cheers!
    Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

pual wrote: »
    Hi team,

I have been looking to upgrade the audio in our living room, initial budget around 650 euro.
    I would like a 5.1 or 5.0 set for now, and later potentially expand to 5.1.2 Atmos/DTS:X.

My research ended up on these components:
    - Pioneer VSX932
    - 2 sets of the TANNOY ECLIPSE TWO
    - Tannoy MERCURY 7C as a center

My questions: 
    1. Any thoughts on this combo?
    2. Do you think these the speakers of different Tannoy series could work together ok?
    3. Would the floorstanders provide sufficient bass without an additional subwoofer?
    4. I signed up for the VIP club, but still get the option to add 6 year supercare in the checkout stage for the receiver. Can you confirm if I can avail from the VIP club 6 year warranty?

Cheers!
    Paul
    Hi Paul.

Thanks for the post.

The Tannoy's mentioned above would pair with the VSX932 with no issues and would sound well together.
    They would cost £467.00 with £6.99 shipping. 

Would you require speaker cable for connecting or do you have your own already?

The Eclipse Two's do produce a good bit of bass but it really depends on how much bass you like as a subwoofer can add a whole other level.
    Sub's can tend to hit low frequencies that the Tannoy's could not.

The free 6 year guarantee is not included on Amps, A/V receivers, CD players, Blu Ray players, turntables etc.....
    It's mainly on televisions and speakers. Both the Tannoy's do come with it.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pual

Thanks for the info!

Does that price include 2 sets of the Tannoy Eclipse speakers (so four speakers in total) and the center as well?
    I would like to use 1 set of the Eclipse Two's as rear surround speakers.

Yes, I'd probably need new speaker wire as well - white preferably.

As for the subwoofer: if the Eclipses already produce a got bit of bass, I think I'll give it a go without subwoofer first. I can always add one afterwards if it's not sufficient.

Paul

Thanks for the info!

Does that price include 2 sets of the Tannoy Eclipse speakers (so four speakers in total) and the center as well?
    I would like to use 1 set of the Eclipse Two's as rear surround speakers.

Yes, I'd probably need new speaker wire as well - white preferably.

As for the subwoofer: if the Eclipses already produce a got bit of bass, I think I'll give it a go without subwoofer first. I can always add one afterwards if it's not sufficient.

Paul

Hi Pual.

Apologies, that was for 1 pair of the Eclipse Two's.

Adding the second set would make the total £566.00

There are very few white speaker cables unfortunately.
    The normal Cambridge range would be an orangeish colour:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=symphony

There is the symphony 300 which is more a cream colour priced at £2.19 per meter.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-100247-symphony-300.aspx

QED also have their micro speaker cable which would be white in colour priced at £2.50 per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11552-micro-cable.aspx

I would agreed on trying the system without a subwoofer first to see what you think and you can add one in if you want over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pual

Thanks! Just placed the order, can't wait!

Thanks! Just placed the order, can't wait!
    Thanks for the order Paul!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.