Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this lever on table saw for?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

SIP 12" Table Saw.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the lever with the spring attached is for, the manual says its for height adjust lock, but it does not seem to work. Whether I put the lever up or down, I can still adjust blade height up and down.

What is it and how is it supposed to work?

Many thanks

447353.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is it used to lock / release the rise and fall mechanism for the blade

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Yeah that's definitely what it's for, from page 23 of the manual:

"Set the correct depth of cut and lock the height by means of the height locking lever."

So it sounds like it's not functioning properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Thanks for the replies folks. It's not really a lock, its just a cam that you can engage that prevents the height wheel from vibrating when the saw is in use. It was the fact that I could still adjust the height while it was engaged (albeit stiffly) that threw me. I emailed SIP and they confirmed the above. BTW the saw is now for sale, see adverts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Looks great, good luck with the sale - I'll be seriously considering a 10" one of these when (if!) I can get the funds together for an upgrade!

Advertisement