Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake watch busters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Holy fúck, look at this abomination.

https://www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/rolex/24611635

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

Cienciano wrote: »

I can’t un-see this my eyes are burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

Lolled at the “ I have seen the hands move but they have stopped moving, think the battery needs changed”!

Tis bad.

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It looks like it was left out on the M50 for a week.
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!
    €60 would get a half decent new one delivered to your door that looks 100 times better

uIsW12p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!
    €60 would get a half decent new one delivered to your door that looks 100 times better

Sorry now, there is no such thing as a half decent one, all replicas are total muck and an embarrassment to those who purchase them. Never mind the funding of criminal activity etc.

• Advertisement

Sorry now, there is no such thing as a half decent one, all replicas are total muck and an embarrassment to those who purchase them. Never mind the funding of criminal activity etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

I think the fact that people who buy and wear fake watches are gimpers is a pretty universally held opinion. Totally unjustifiable under any circumstances. The fact they dont allow that **** on adverts says it all.

I think the fact that people who buy and wear fake watches are gimpers is a pretty universally held opinion. Totally unjustifiable under any circumstances. The fact they dont allow that **** on adverts says it all.

They're not allowed on adverts because it's illegal. Not everyone likes everything in the watch world, so your personal opinion is fine. Personally, I really dislike rolex's.

They're not allowed on adverts because it's illegal. Not everyone likes everything in the watch world, so your personal opinion is fine. Personally, I really dislike rolex's.

Do you like fake Rolex, do you like fake omega, fake patek, etc. Your the one recommending buying a replica rolex for 60 euro on the fake watch buster thread....come on man, this is ridiculous.

Fake watches of any kind are for wannabes. I dont care what watch you like or dislike honestly, posting recommendations for a fake is inexcusable. If that picture is your own fake on your own wrist you are beyond redemption.

It's a terrible copy
    It's filthy
    It doesn't actually work
    €50!

Mjpg[/IMG]

9-FF434-CB-B1-F5-4-BBD-8-C5-C-B21254-AFD81-B.jpg

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    stop arguing people it is going nowhere, nice evening for a walk but only 2km mind

Ah Jasus sometime you have to draw a line in the sand on this forum, its cannot all be nicey nicey. Some things are just wrong and should not be let go for the sake of the peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Do you like fake Rolex, do you like fake omega, fake patek, etc. Your the one recommending buying a replica rolex for 60 euro on the fake watch buster thread....come on man, this is ridiculous.

Fake watches of any kind are for wannabes. I dont care what watch you like or dislike honestly, posting recommendations for a fake is inexcusable. If that picture is your own fake on your own wrist you are beyond redemption.

I think you missed the point of his post. He was really just pointing out how ludicrous trying to sell a fake crappy used watch for 50 when for 10 quid more you can get a new fake watch that looks "100 times better."

The point wasn't the advocating of buying fake watches. It was pointing out the sheer gall on someone selling absolute tat or an exorbitant price. As in, even if you were in the market for a fake watch, you'd be an absolute fool to buy the one listed.

Hardly an adovation for buying fake watches. More of a calling out a chancer on the web.

I agree also on Rolex's. Visualy speaking, they look mediocre.

I think you missed the point of his post. He was really just pointing out how ludicrous trying to sell a fake crappy used watch for 50 when for 10 quid more you can get a new fake watch that looks "100 times better."

The point wasn't the advocating of buying fake watches. It was pointing out the sheer gall on someone selling absolute tat or an exorbitant price. As in, even if you were in the market for a fake watch, you'd be an absolute fool to buy the one listed.

Hardly an adovation for buying fake watches. More of a calling out a chancer on the web.

I agree also on Rolex's. Visualy speaking, they look mediocre.

Exactly.

And as for wearing fake watches, everyone has a line they draw. Some hate fakes, some hate homages, some turn their noses up at brands with no "heritage", some dislike quartz etc.

I think the one rule is to wear what makes you happy and fúck what people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I think the one rule is to wear what makes you happy and fúck what people think.

That's all well and good, but obviously fakes are going to be derided on an enthusiasts forum. Ironically enough people who we wear reps probably do care what others think, hence their wearing a fake rather than a watch that they can actually afford.

Time wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but obviously fakes are going to be derided on an enthusiasts forum. Ironically enough people who we wear reps probably do care what others think, hence their wearing a fake rather than a watch that they can actually afford.

Exactly, so so true.

Not only that but on the "Fake watch busters" thread. I literally cannot believe what I am reading tonight

Meh, I couldn't care less if people don't like what I wear. I think fakes are really interesting tbh. My dad has a fake sub that he wears for a laugh. €160 for it and it's money well spent for the craic he's had with it. I wouldn't take it too seriously tbh.

Meh, I couldn't care less if people don't like what I wear. I think fakes are really interesting tbh. My dad has a fake sub that he wears for a laugh. €160 for it and it's money well spent for the craic he's had with it. I wouldn't take it too seriously tbh.

I'm thinking more of the types who act like their fake is the real deal they're the majority of people who wear them. They care about the opinions of others so much that they'd wear a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

The craic he's had with it? What telling people he's a sham who wears fake watches to impress people and then see how they react that type of laugh? I'm don't understand tbh

I suspected this, but thanks for showing your hand....so lads whats going on here is that people who spot its a fake are told its is all a big joke. Those who dont are left to believe he has a rolex. But he doesnet even like rolex when taking to actual owners. And its all a bit of crack, but you want a good quality replica, not of your crap obvious replicas people might spot...but its all for fun you understand. Wear what you like, but if you cannot afford what you like, buy a fake, wear that and pretend its a joke and you dont really like it and the wearing of a fake is ironic....My head is now melted..

0b1c1b037f327ac0fd5bb5f1adbd075c1d7726fdf77b8ca0df79af8d71b7e43c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

As much as I love browsing them I’m never gonna buy one cause of the fear of buying a fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Here's an idea ... why not let people wear whatever the F*$% they want?

RMDrive wrote: »
    Here's an idea ... why not let people wear whatever the F*$% they want?

Nobody is stopping them, but don't be surprised when you get called out for wearing a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭micks_address

Nobody is stopping them, but don't be surprised when you get called out for wearing a fake.

Probably very hard to tell someone is wearing a fake unless you are holding their wrist...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Probably very hard to tell someone is wearing a fake unless you are holding their wrist...

Hey its not my watch that will get me called out for wearing a *fake :P
    Its my free travel pass, and living in a 3 bed semi (albeit with an awesome ManCave) ;)
    Whilst wearing a Roger Dubois on my left wrist and Richard Mille on my right :pac:

*No fakes were worn whilst typing this post, nor do I (I hope) own any!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

I don’t see an issue with wearing a fake as long as if asked you are honest about it. Living a lie that you own the real thing or a real collection would be pathetic.
    I think there’s a big difference between having something on your wrist that 99.9% of people will never even notice and showing it off and pretending it’s real.
    I got a fake Rolex sub in Spain for €15. There were a few reasons I got it.
    - I wanted to see how good the fake was for that money and I was very impressed with the quality for the amount spent.
    - I wanted to see how I liked the watch size and look etc with a view to buying the real thing. Also wanted to try it on a nato strap. Not a bad idea to test drive the fake before dropping 8k.
    - I would have bought a Hublot if we could agree the price. I didn’t even like the watch but I wanted something whacky to wear for a few days for fun. I don’t like them but would have enjoyed trying out something different.

I found I didn’t enjoy wearing it and went back to the seikos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Great to see the fake lovers revealing their true colours. I could have predicted 1 or 2 of them.

eljono wrote: »

It’s the winner 24 version haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus Christ that's an abomination....
    Kill it with fire!

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    Great to see the fake lovers revealing their true colours. I could have predicted 1 or 2 of them.

Now I know why I took an instant dislike to them and they to me, saved time.

I wonder how many of the pic posted and thanked on this forum are of fake watches? Buying one as a test is a load of bollox, buy the parnis version or the homage. Buying branded replicas/fakes is inexcusable, and done for one reason only....the same reason they probably stuff their underpants with socks.

Love this vid, up until 16:40 its all trolling the usual excuses people trot out like in the above conversation. 16:40 on is the truth.

Holy cow, thats a stunner.

Advertisement