Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake watch busters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

And it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

Prob should have been in the for sale thread. Couple of lads here would like to add that to their “collection”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

hitemfrank wrote: »
    And it's gone.

Yep I was up and vigilant early this morning. Nuked a couple of others too including one user selling a couple of Hublots (what else) with no boxes or paperwork, didn’t even work, but swore they were genuine and wanted €10k

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I noticed on this Irish rap video:o at the start at 0.12 they make a point of showing a watch close up which i thought was a bit odd. I assume its as the youngsters say "Flexing":P:rolleyes: . So im assuming its some sort of expensive watch but is it fake? I saw before fake watches normally the second hand normally seamlessly glides yet this one doesnt, Is it a fake that this lads passing off as legit ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCmrVR0cMk0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

I noticed on this Irish rap video:o at the start at 0.12 they make a point of showing a watch close up which i thought was a bit odd. I assume its as the youngsters say "Flexing":P:rolleyes: . So im assuming its some sort of expensive watch but is it fake? I saw before fake watches normally the second hand normally seamlessly glides yet this one doesnt, Is it a fake that this lads passing off as legit ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCmrVR0cMk0

Jesus my ears :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Homer wrote: »

...I...like the video :o - hey it's a good use of their time - being productive (making music, working on choreography, lyrics etc.) vs what they could be doing...

My cup of tea would be lo-fi/classical/brainless pop but even for rap - it's not as jarring as some of the ones I've heard - Dublin...it's where it all started (apparently :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Homer wrote: »

They should be deported for noise pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

They should be deported for noise pollution.

Its been stuck in my head days, the video is cringey and lyrics cringier :P so anyone any thoughts on the time piece or impossible to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Had another look and presumably it's a fake audimar piguet royal oak limited edition perpetual calendar with moonphase.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    ...I...like the video :o - hey it's a good use of their time - being productive (making music, working on choreography, lyrics etc.) vs what they could be doing...

Agree mostly. I don’t like how the video glamourises the “lifestyle”.

• Advertisement

Suspicious. The wrist selling the watch is not the wrist I would expect to be owning one.

https://www.adverts.ie/20710252

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

893bet wrote: »
    Suspicious. The wrist selling the watch is not the wrist I would expect to be owning one.

https://www.adverts.ie/20710252

Going to leave it to Homer for nukage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

If you guys are the 'fake watch busters' where do I find the real ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Very genuine looking "sumarnar" on Adverts at the moment: http://www.adverts.ie/20751245

That's the same one that was removed on Saturday I think.

IP bans really should be used by adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

eljono wrote: »
    Very genuine looking "sumarnar" on Adverts at the moment: http://www.adverts.ie/20751245

Do ya think he may have deliberately wrecked the bezel to try and lull someone into thinking that its actually a hard worked genuine!?

He put the price up 250 quid the cheeky ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

banie01 wrote: »
    Do ya think he may have deliberately wrecked the bezel to try and lull someone into thinking that its actually a hard worked genuine!?

Well the ad states that it's brand new, maybe it's Rolex trying out faux patina... Pretty rare watch

https://youtu.be/_IcuR6lzc70

I still like b&j most of the time though can appreciate that he can be irritating.

Cliffs-fakes are for losers.

I still like b&j most of the time though can appreciate that he can be irritating.

Cliffs-fakes are for losers.

1st time watching one of his videos, I like his Natos, had seen a few posts but never took a look and he worked that plug into the video nicely.

Surprised at the quality of the fake TBH, and I shouldn't really be after seeing how well they ripped off the 4130 Daytona or knowing what TC did with subs.

Dropping that money on the fake, when there is a wealth of homage and micro-brand that are serviceable and repairable is a bit mad IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

1st time watching one of his videos, I like his Natos, had seen a few posts but never took a look and he worked that plug into the video nicely.

Surprised at the quality of the fake TBH, and I shouldn't really be after seeing how well they ripped off the 4130 Daytona or knowing what TC did with subs.

Dropping that money on the fake, when there is a wealth of homage and micro-brand that are serviceable and repairable is a bit mad IMO.
    Funnily enough, the clone will hold it's value better than the homage or microbrand. Plenty of options for serving too if you need to

Cienciano wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the clone will hold it's value better than the homage or microbrand. Plenty of options for serving too if you need to

Yeah they fly of the shelves second hand on adverts at 20 a pop. Great value.

I struggle to think of any watch maker that would service a fake Rolex (aside from the hilarity of the though of servicing a fake Rolex).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I struggle to think of any watch maker that would service a fake Rolex (aside from the hilarity of the though of servicing a fake Rolex).

This is what fascinates me.

There are numerous fakes out there that house half decent clone or out of copyright movements. Is there a sub-industry of servicing movements only?

Surely someone isn't going to drop upwards of €300 on what is essentially a disposable movement? Where do you go to get a clone with a decent movement serviced?

I saw one recently that had an A7753 movement. That is a good workhorse movement that any decent horologist should be able to service, but dressed up in a Cosmograph suit?

Eh, no.

Ahh C'mon now?
    Not if you are adding a Steinhart to the mix?
    They seem to hold their values incredibly well and sell easily when one wants a change.

Seriously?
    Part of me doesn't want to start the whole debate again, but I am genuinely surprised at that if true?

Servicing?
    In Ireland or is it a send it off job?
    It's hard enough to find a decent service shop outside Dublin these IMO.

Ahh C'mon now?
    Not if you are adding a Steinhart to the mix?
    They seem to hold their values incredibly well and sell easily when one wants a change.

Seriously?
    Part of me doesn't want to start the whole debate again, but I am genuinely surprised at that if true?

Servicing?
    In Ireland or is it a send it off job?
    It's hard enough to find a decent service shop outside Dublin these IMO.

It’s not true. It’s fantasy. There are millions and millions of ****ty fakes out there. If 0.0001% every get serviced I would be surprised.

What kind of a watch maker would accept a fake in for service. Not one which values his reputation. Would you send a real watch to a watch maker that is willing to service a fake.......no chance.

Same as buying a real watch from someone that is known to own fakes....no chance.

That poster is simply trying to stir ****e as they have a watch box full of ****e fakes I suspect. Who knows why.

It’s not true. It’s fantasy. There are millions and millions of ****ty fakes out there. If 0.0001% every get serviced I would be surprised.

What kind of a watch maker would accept a fake in for service. Not one which values his reputation. Would you send a real watch to a watch maker that is willing to service a fake.......no chance.

Same as buying a real watch from someone that is known to own fakes....no chance.

That poster is simply trying to stir ****e as they have a watch box full of ****e fakes I suspect. Who knows why.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    horse ****

I agree, it's why I was asking who/where services them in a bid to avoid if/when I need work done.

Seeing what's floating around out there lately is making me happy I just bought 4 Invictas!

No-ones faking those :P

Adverts isn't the place to sell. Mind you, I've seen several going for more than what people paid for them, so if you believe adverts prices, people are making a profit!
    As for servicing, you know it's easy to send a watch in the post, there's a list as long as your arm of very good watch repair shops that will service your rep.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    horse ****

A €450 rep of something popular like a black sub would go for €400 if in decent condition.

Adverts isn't the place to sell. Mind you, I've seen several going for more than what people paid for them, so if you believe adverts prices, people are making a profit!
    As for servicing, you know it's easy to send a watch in the post, there's a list as long as your arm of very good watch repair shops that will service your rep.

A €450 rep of something popular like a black sub would go for €400 if in decent condition.

Fair enough, I suppose if there is a market for anything at all that there will be a secondary market too.
    It's just a matter of finding the correct venue.

As for the servicing, same situation I'd hazard.
    Every day is a learning day.

Fair enough, I suppose if there is a market for anything at all that there will be a secondary market too.
    It's just a matter of finding the correct venue.

As for the servicing, same situation I'd hazard.
    Every day is a learning day.

Lot of guys in Eastern Europe do servicing. If you're willing to send your watch in the post, there's loads of guys on rep watch forums that will do it.

• Advertisement

A load of ****.

I am a bigger fool for engaging to be honest.

Enjoy your **** fakes mate. I am sure your watch box is full and in demand.

Advertisement