Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting to panic

• 05-04-2018 9:42am

Hi there,

Myself and my ex have been separated for 12 years with no contact. No house, no kids, no assets.

I have tried to serve the papers by reg post but they have been returned uncollected. I contacted her through facebook and she confirmed her address. I copied the papers and put them in her letterbox.

She has confirmed she has received them and that her solicitor would get in touch and now she has blocked me on facebook so I have no way of obtaining an update.

Initially from speaking with her back in Feb, it seemed like it was to be amicable and straightforward, but the tone has changed and now I am worried this won't be done quickly as I thought.

Myself and the fiancé have since booked our wedding on the 29th of October and paid our deposits. What can I do to avoid having to cancel the wedding?

Comments

In a worst case scenario could you have the legal marriage ceremony afterwards once things are sorted but still have the celebration on the day you have planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi there,

Myself and my ex have been separated for 12 years with no contact. No house, no kids, no assets.

I have tried to serve the papers by reg post but they have been returned uncollected. I contacted her through facebook and she confirmed her address. I copied the papers and put them in her letterbox.

She has confirmed she has received them and that her solicitor would get in touch and now she has blocked me on facebook so I have no way of obtaining an update.

Initially from speaking with her back in Feb, it seemed like it was to be amicable and straightforward, but the tone has changed and now I am worried this won't be done quickly as I thought.

Myself and the fiancé have since booked our wedding on the 29th of October and paid our deposits. What can I do to avoid having to cancel the wedding?

You've been legally married for the last 12 years... you may have had no assets at the time but do you have assets now?

lawred2 wrote: »
    You've been legally married for the last 12 years... you may have had no assets at the time but do you have assets now?

absolutely not. I am renting, have no car, have a 7 year old child from a different relationship and no pension. I got married at 22. I have no idea if she has assets but from the little I do know, she is renting and doesn't drive. I don't know her savings/pensions but I have no intention of claiming anything from her.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ring or just call in?

Advertisement