Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tin whistle exam - forgetting to play tune twice

Options
  • 05-04-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

ETA: Crisis averted: her teacher said that as she’s only at elementary grade she did not need to perform the tune twice.

Hi,

Would anyone know the implications of my daughter forgetting to play one of her tunes twice in her music exam? She’s only a beginner and this was her first exam. One of her tunes was Óró sé do bheatha bhaile. She played it perfectly once but forgot to repeat it...it needed playing twice. She’s really upset as her music teacher had told the class a tale about a previous student who failed to play it twice and failed as a result. I’m trying to reassure my daughter but I’m just wondering if there is truth in that - that if in an exam you fail to play the tune twice, if the tune requires it, then that’s a fail?

Many thanks

Advertisement