Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody got a refund off Aer Lingus from Storm Emma cancellations?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭

It's been 5 weeks now since I put through my refund request. I didn't get a receipt that my request was received. I have repeatedly tried to contact them through email and twitter and it has been complete radio silence. They clearly are hoping people just give up and stop looking for their money back.

Has anybody received their refunds yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Call your credit card company and force a chargeback if the full amount is due to you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

As it was a storm outside the control of the airline, are you entitled to money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yes.

Our flight was cancelled and we got our refund back from Aer Lingus about ten days ago with no problem.

I also lost Hôtel money and train fares which I’m able to claim off my travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

smurfjed wrote: »
    As it was a storm outside the control of the airline, are you entitled to money back?

You’re probably thinking about compensation.

This is refund of fare for a cancelled flight. There’s no excuse for an airline not to refund these within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I rang them up. They said they never received my request (I don't believe them). They said they'll process my request for me but it will take a further 28 days. Wouldn't give me an email confirmation, just a case reference number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I rang them up. They said they never received my request (I don't believe them). They said they'll process my request for me but it will take a further 28 days. Wouldn't give me an email confirmation, just a case reference number.
    Take it to Twitter,probably quicker if you just slate them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Meh, airline social media pages are all full of people moaning about the same thing, doubt they’ll care that much, if they cared so much about what people say on social media they’d actually do something about what people complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I didn't think I'd get anything from Aer Lingus so applied straight to my travel insurance company. They replied yesterday asking for proof of claim on EU261 and the outcome.

I looked it up yesterday and the time limit to claim seems to be 28 days. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Locker10a wrote: »
    Bussywussy wrote: »
    Meh, airline social media pages are all full of people moaning about the same thing, doubt they’ll care that much, if they cared so much about what people say on social media they’d actually do something about what people complain about
    You'll deffo get a quicker reply

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

smurfjed wrote: »

Of course, you hardly expect to pay for a service you didn't receive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement