Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keycode needs a whole setup all over again if you change your phone!

Options
  • 05-04-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know this. Bank of Ireland confirmed they're aware of this and not telling customers.

If you change your phone and migrate all your data over the Keycode will NOT work. Not in any instance. And you need to set the whole thing up again. With that second Admin that's likely so hard to get hold of they may as well be The Scarlet Pimpernell.  

Please let anyone know who is being pressurised into moving to Keycode to ask the question about what happens when the phone is changed. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Bestbrew wrote: »
    Does anyone know this. Bank of Ireland confirmed they're aware of this and not telling customers.

If you change your phone and migrate all your data over the Keycode will NOT work. Not in any instance. And you need to set the whole thing up again. With that second Admin that's likely so hard to get hold of they may as well be The Scarlet Pimpernell.

Please let anyone know who is being pressurised into moving to Keycode to ask the question about what happens when the phone is changed.

Hi Bestbrew,

Thanks for your post.

Please see our KeyCode FAQs here, which advise that if you lose your existing phone or get a new one:

“Administrators can download the app to a new phone and contact the Business On Line Helpdesk. Users can download the app to a new phone and contact their Administrator. Administrator will go to their Business On Line Dashboard and click on ‘Update User Phone.”

The Admin on the profile needs to call to have this re-linked, for security reasons.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bestbrew

So let me get this right....

Bank of Ireland KNOW this Keycode won't work, and needs an entire set up all over again, when a user changes or loses a phone (by the way this info is recently added, so not really helpful when people have already migrated) and NEVER MENTION IT during set up.  And it's not on the message on the login screen? Doesn't Bank of Ireland think that is important?

AND

The Admin is going to be inundated with requests from staff when they change their phone because their Keycode login won't work either?!!?

Do you think, in the interest of transparency, that customers should be told this before any moving across to Keycode? 

It appears the business requirements for login and phone transfer have been woefully overlooked. Keycode has been riddled with all sorts of problems over the last few weeks and this is the cherry on top.

Well, come May 29 you'll have one less awkward customer to be bothered pointing vague Ts & Cs to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Bestbrew,

Sorry to hear you feel this way. We can assure you the FAQs have been available on our website and through the Business On Line log in page prior to the roll-out of KeyCode. This process is in place for the security of your account and it is only when the Administrator has changed their device that a call to the helpdesk is required.

Thanks
    Tara

This process is not in place for the security of my account.  You can dress that up in any old way you want.  The system wasn't designed to accommodate change of device. End of. Someone forgot to take account of those requirements during the systems analysis. This kind of thing happens but to cloak it in terms of 'security' is unacceptable. 

If it's such a negligible detail, list it on the homepage, where it belongs, for customers to see and let customers make up their own minds when they have the full facts.

And if Bank of Ireland want to post on the homepage that the current setup is for security reasons, I'm sure there's a plethora of security gurus that will rip that argument apart right after they finish roaring laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Keycode is a Joke.
    Bestbrew, looks like you are leaving BOI because of it.
    I wish I could!

• Advertisement

<snip>

Ditching Keycode is high on my agenda. I just won't move to it. I'd rather take the hit of a financial spring clean, which every business likely can benefit from. 

EVERYONE is talking about this Keycode system. Businesses have to be strong and vote with their feet. 

I'm letting my feet do the walking. I would encourage others to pick up the phone and call the New Business division of their other banks and see how easy it is to do business with them. 

Ask the bank before you move to Keycode what exactly and specifically happens when you or staff change their device, or the App gets accidentally deleted off a device, etc etc. Ask and ask and ask and don't be fobbed off. Keycode will add maintenance and frustration to your working week. Start with the 30 minute hold times and you get a feel for the fun you're in for. 

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I was forced into it.  Was told we had to do it by some date in March or we would no longer be able to process payments etc.
    I would have winged it and hoped for the best come that date, but unfortunately I was going to be away for a few weeks so had to sign up before I went.

A simple result of the implementation for me has been the following

As a company accountant it is important that I keep a regular eye on our bank balance.  Where I used to log in to BOI a few times a day, now I just don't bother.  I have no idea what our bank balance is today and TBH I'm at the stage where I don't care.  I'll draw down funds at some stage and worry about DD's bouncing or account going overdrawn when the Bank start listening to their customers.

Lucky if I log in twice a week now.  I would always have been in and out to pay people.  Now they can wait.  I'll do it all together maybe once a week when I'm processing the payroll (another sore point with keycode).  If you can't wait, come in and we will write you a cheque.

I now refuse to set any once off payments up.  Unless you are someone we pay regularily, you will get a cheque.

Our cheque volume is going up due to this, despite banks wanting us to do everything online.  So this keycode move is backfiring on them IMO.

BOI will know all trends and see how the users have adopted to their new system.  I'm sure I am not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carolih

Not only does the app not work if you change your phone, but it also does not work if your phone updates. 
    I returned to work after annual leave to start paying suppliers only to find that I was locked out of the account. The helpline advised it was because I accepted the update on my phone and they would need the two Admins to allow me access. When we started the process we realised one of the Admins had replaced their phone during the summer so that resulted in the M.D. also getting locked out of the account as their keycode didn't transfer onto the new phone. The other Admin was out of the country. It was an absolute mess. 
    I did, however, ask if there was any way of avoiding this happening again and they advised 'do not accept updates on your phone' ???? Seriously ???

In the end we decided against going back to Keycode as the setup process was just too time consuming and messy every time one of us were to accept an update on our phone or replace a phone. We moved to Banking 365 which took several days to set up and while doing so none of us had access to the company account.  Absolute madness... Banking 365 doesn't really suit us so may have to look at another bank. 
    They have rolled this out way too early and are only now experiencing the massive flaws and errors in this app. As you have said Bestbrew and I 100% agree, they need to look at the whole system again. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks Carolih for joining the thread and sharing your views.

We are aware some customers may need to complete the set up again as a result of their phone updating. Apologies, we understand this may cause frustration and also be time consuming for you.

We'll certainly forward all your feedback today to our Business Online Team. Thanks for taking the time to highlight your concerns to us. We really do hope you continue to bank with us, we would regret as a result of this, losing you as a customer.

Thanks again,
    Alison

Advertisement