Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home, credit vetting failure?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I just finished a frustrating call with your moving home department.
    Notified them 2 weeks ago that I was moving home, they called me today to set up the order.
    Went through the long drawn out process of providing all my details again even though I am an existing customer. Why the existing account can't simply be moved to the new address is beyond me.
    Anyway, after going through the whole process I am told at the end that the order has been rejected by Eir's credit vetting team.
    In spite of being an existing customer who has always paid the bills on time via direct debit!
    So now I have to appeal this by letter. God only knows how long that will take.
    In the meantime I am not only without landline or broadband service at my new address but Eir still expects me to pay for the service at the old address!
    What kind of utter nonsense it this?
    The flunky at your moving home department was unable to escalate the issue so I am trying this medium as a last effort.
    If Eir is not able to move my existing services to the new address within an reasonable timeframe I will start shopping around with other providers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

mayhem# wrote: »
    I just finished a frustrating call with your moving home department.
    Notified them 2 weeks ago that I was moving home, they called me today to set up the order.
    Went through the long drawn out process of providing all my details again even though I am an existing customer. Why the existing account can't simply be moved to the new address is beyond me.
    Anyway, after going through the whole process I am told at the end that the order has been rejected by Eir's credit vetting team.
    In spite of being an existing customer who has always paid the bills on time via direct debit!
    So now I have to appeal this by letter. God only knows how long that will take.
    In the meantime I am not only without landline or broadband service at my new address but Eir still expects me to pay for the service at the old address!
    What kind of utter nonsense it this?
    The flunky at your moving home department was unable to escalate the issue so I am trying this medium as a last effort.
    If Eir is not able to move my existing services to the new address within an reasonable timeframe I will start shopping around with other providers.
    Hi mayhem#,

Unfortunately, we cannot escalate this issue from our end. 

We would stand by what our agents in our support team have previously advised.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement