Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder Hole Donegal Surfable?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys, Just wondering if any of ye more travelled folk know much about how viable it is to get surf/get surfing up north in Murder Hole in the Rosguill Peninsula in Donegal. I've read it's quite consistent with swells from the North West but have never heard anything concrete regarding.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Conchubhar wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Just wondering if any of ye more travelled folk know much about how viable it is to get surf/get surfing up north in Murder Hole in the Rosguill Peninsula in Donegal. I've read it's quite consistent with swells from the North West but have never heard anything concrete regarding.
    Cheers.
    Looks a nice place to check out but it’s a long to go with a board - and the beach is kinda small

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Not a hope. The only breaks you'll see there are 2ft from the shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

That was on a big surf day at the end of February,  when driving up I could see large waves breaking at a spot across the mouth of Mulroy bay at Ballyhooriskey.

454560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Liam_D wrote: »
    That was on a big surf day at the end of February,  when driving up I could see large waves breaking at a spot across the mouth of Mulroy bay at Ballyhooriskey.

454560.jpg

That looks extremely exposed, rocky and rippy as f😳ck

Advertisement