Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage issues

Options
  • 05-04-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Completely unsure if I'm posting in the right forum so here goes!

My missus and I are in the process of applying for a mortgage.

I'm a permanent employee in my job over a year, she's an employee in a bank on a 23 month contract.

Everything goes well in our applications (accepted salary cert, bank statements, payslips, not a bother!) until the fact she's on a 23 month contract then comes into play - she was a contractor in the same bank under a recruitment agency for 3 consecutive 3 month contracts, then the bank offered her a 23 month contract. We are being refused for this and she's being asked for written proof stating she will be employed further in her field - is this possible or is this breaching some form of law by guaranteeing employment which may or may not be available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You're probably better off using a broker as some lenders are more cognisant of employment prospects than others.

Advertisement