Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed and offer reduced after visit from plumber

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

There are desperate people queing to buy a house 1 week outside the office before they go on sale at 500k and your worried?

Put house on market for 5k more than sale agreed. Just disclose issue with heating. A few k is nothing to the hassle of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Fix the heating and relist at a higher price.

I also cant fathom the fix and reduce agreement. The buyers really must have been leaving out many nightly offerings to the gods of chance and luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sophfudge

thanks for the advice everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

sophfudge wrote: »
    I decided to drop the price in the end! I know there are issues and just want to proceed. I am selling so I can buy my own home as we are currently renting

Correct decision.
    Fixing the leak is easy. It does not fix the damage caused by the leak or the potential damage caused by the constant topping up of system.

I would get out, get the money into your hand and get on with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sophfudge

beeno67 wrote: »
    I decided to drop the price in the end! I know there are issues and just want to proceed. I am selling so I can buy my own home as we are currently renting

Correct decision.
    Fixing the leak is easy. It does not fix the damage caused by the leak or the potential damage caused by the constant topping up of system.

I would get out, get the money into your hand and get on with life.
    That was my thoughts too! Now I just hope my tenant leaves next week. She currently has no where to go apparently even though we advised her we were selling in Nov. I would never advise anyone to become a landlord. Its a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

She currently has no where to go apparently even though we advised her we were selling in Nov.
    Doubt she's moving in that case. The day after she's meant to be gone, start the eviction process, as Threshold will probably advise the tenant to overhold.

Advertisement