Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2018!

Options
  • 05-04-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭

Start date has being confirmed as Saturday 14th of April at 8PM!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I assume there'll be slightly more interest in BGT among casual viewers this year because of what's happened with Ant.

Otherwise, the show hasn't really been must-see TV for some time (I certainly haven't followed it in great detail since 2013, when of course Simon got egged). It hasn't become *quite* as stale as XF - but the acts don't seem to be quite as memorable as before... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dec to host alone

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

On at 8 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

David Walliams as annoying as ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

That guy had me in tears :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dec to host alone

Auditions were months ago so no

Auditions were months ago so no

Dec to host the live finals alone, ants prerecorded parts were always going to be in it.

Well that was emotional

Last " magic " guy was brilliant . It must have been all in the remote control?

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Yea, I believe so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Philmeister

Wow, what a performance from Marc Spelmann. What an amazing magic performance he did, that film he made was so beautiful and so touching and I wasn't expecting that performance from him at all what a legend he is. I am so happy and relieved that his cute little girl is OK❤.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

Good first episode. Some really talented people.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Compared to the Irish version anything would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Couldn't have been the remote control, the possible answers are innumerable - great emotional act

fritzelly wrote: »
    Couldn't have been the remote control, the possible answers are innumerable - great emotional act

Well the baby definitely wasn't saying " hat " It was edited in at some point . But Yes it was absolutely brilliantly done

But Yes it was absolutely brilliantly done

Yep, the tricks can be explained but how it was put together made it different

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah come on surely that last choir act should have sang bad blood!

No they are not, it's done backstage, the crayon, baby videoed 25(?)times with the different colours. Same with the baby in the cot, different soft toy each night. The video with the baby saying hat was dubbed (both dad and baby)
    The best bit was the Rubik's cube, that would take the longest, hence shown last. Fx
    Glad his wife and baby are OK.
    But to use what they went through in his act....
    I didn't t like it.

deco nate wrote: »
    No they are not, it's done backstage, the crayon, baby videoed 25(?)times with the different colours. Same with the baby in the cot, different soft toy each night. The video with the baby saying hat was dubbed (both dad and baby)
    The best bit was the Rubik's cube, that would take the longest, hence shown last. Fx

All the answers were "known", re the crayon, he did ask not to look at what he was picking but not sure how he forced the color also notice the page in the book is never shown before being written on...
    The card is easy slight of hand, the rubiks a similar trick

Thinking about it the red crayons could have been lighter hence the shaking to move them to the top

All the answers were "known", re the crayon, he did ask not to look at what he was picking but not sure how he forced the color also notice the page in the book is never shown before being written on...

Watch it back, he asked Simon what the word was, delay, words on screen. Video...

• Advertisement

Watch it back, he asked Simon what the word was, delay, words on screen. Video...

Simon didn't circle any word on the page

Re: the crayon, 25 videos of the kid playing with different colours... He didn't play the video before the colour of the crayon was was shown did he?

Simon didn't circle any word on the page

So Simon just called out hat?

I know you're being a pedantic Pete now. I'll leave it at that

So Simon just called out hat?

I know you're being a pedantic Pete now. I'll leave it at that

Do I have to spell it out - the word was already circled prior

Thinking about it the red crayons could have been lighter hence the shaking to move them to the top
    Lol, it's all done before hand . You are reading too much into a simple trick that was done before he stepped on stage

Rewatching the crayon part - the camera cut away so there was no shot of the top of the open box.

Lol, it's all done before hand . You are reading too much into a simple trick that was done before he stepped on stage

Now you're making no sense, either it was done before hand or he was selecting answers based on what was picked - make your mind up

Now you're making no sense, either it was done before hand or he was selecting answers based on what was picked - make your mind up
    Ffs! The baby Was filmed with ALL the different colours of crayons in the box before hand, the same goes for the soft toy, the word that Simon said was dubbed behind stage after he said it. The cube was the hardest part. Can you follow that?
    Then when he pressed the remote, it was someone back stage making sure the right clip was shown.

Ffs! The baby Was filmed with ALL the different colours of crayons in the box before hand, the same goes for the soft toy, the word that Simon said was dubbed behind stage after he said it. The cube was the hardest part. Can you follow that?
    Then when he pressed the remote, it was someone back stage making sure the right clip was shown.

Can't believe you seriously believe that, go watch some youtube videos explaining magic tricks - book test is an easy one.

• Advertisement

Pmsl

Advertisement