Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2018!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

deco nate wrote: »
    Ffs! The baby Was filmed with ALL the different colours of crayons in the box before hand, the same goes for the soft toy, the word that Simon said was dubbed behind stage after he said it. The cube was the hardest part. Can you follow that?
    Then when he pressed the remote, it was someone back stage making sure the right clip was shown.

Dunno about that. It's all very easily manipulated.
    For example with the book he knew where to stop. The pen he gave simon did not work, he said make a circle, but he did nothing. It was already marked. He never showed the page of the book, before he asked him to mark it. He then took pen back quickly as it did not work.

With the card he said pick a card, then does not hand it over. He moves bunch of cards together and then claims as he hands it over, don't worry this is your card. A sign it's not, it's one he wanted her to have. Can see the movement when she picked card, the slight of hand.

Crayons he simply can't mix a box of full crayons, he shakes them but how can they mix, it's a full box with no space for movement. He asked him to pick one out, but he had a huge grip on box, and the crayons were maybe stuck in, only one was coming out, the red one.

The rubik's cube is mixed yes, but then he places it back in it's box where an alternative top is waiting, once in box he pressed it down, and it sticks the alternative top on to the top of the rubiks cube, either by magnet or a glue.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Who videos there kid playing with crayons and makes sure to get a good close up of said crayon?
    It's a tech trick. Not a magic trick.
    Also, who puts a copy of a John Lennon book in a baby's cot?

The crayon box had a layer missing on top, plus he didnt take one from the top, he dug down to get one.

Edit: I believe you are right about the cube, pushed down hard to copy the video colours

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The tricks here were all very simple, its just wrapped in the story which distracts people from thinking too much.

He was a remote control for the whole portion of the reveal. Whatever colour crayon was picked he has a video clip for, samewith the penguin and rubiks cube.

The cube is just a sticker being forced onto the top layer when he put it back in to the box after amanda mixes it up.

The book is simple, every page of the book is the same. It already has the word circled. Simon never saw the pages or the words. The pen doesnt have any ink. He just makes Simon and everyone else think he circled a word with The pen.

Its all pre recorded and video allows him to play the answers he wants. It could be he plays each clip as needed and just needs to know what chapter its marked as or each chapter is a certain combination or crayon and animal and he just needs to memorise those, the cube and word in the book are always the same.

So I was half right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Watch the crayon section very slowly - they are all red at the top, David picks one from the back but there is a red one at the front as well. Quick camera cut so you don't get to see when David moves his hand away - as I said probably lighter crayons so they move to the top when he shakes them
    No remote trickery - everything was known from the start

• Advertisement

David picking a crayon at the back, but what do I spy at the front
    JHnJdL7.png

Hand moving away, but what is that still at the front
    HXXyLUO.png

Hand covering the box so no other judges could see the top of the box
    Furious camera cut in case we see all the other red crayons at the top

Some people just wont accept the obvious,

Two exact same photos... Show him digging deeper in the box, just like we saw before the cut.
    He went down to the second layer....

And what you see at the front is pink...
    Just looked back at it yet again, the pink didn't start off in that position. So....

deco nate wrote: »
    Two exact same photos... Show him digging deeper in the box, just like we saw before the cut.
    He went down to the second layer....

And what you see at the front is pink...

So you can't read now?
    He doesn't dig into the box, he picks from the top back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Am I the only one who LOVED Asian tea cup guy? :o:D

Why is the box lid covered in red crayon - it's a mystery

VuhyRuv.png

• Advertisement

No, I posted after his performance that I was in tears. So funny

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why is the box lid covered in red crayon - it's a mystery

VuhyRuv.png

Stop,just stop now please.
    (colour in the wrong direction to the box)
    You posted about colours before, I pointed out that they had mixed, and now. This is my last reply.
    And the as for the I can't read comments. Do one!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

The magician's trick was cynical and it reeled everyone emotionally in hook, line and sinker. How shallow are people? It would have functioned without the sob story and then the trick could be judged on its merits instead of the crutch of the over-produced video clip.

The crayons you see through the clear plastic on box could be just a picture of crayons stuck on inside of box to make it look liked mixed colours, probably all red in reality.

You should invite him round for a cuppa, i'm sure he'd love a teabag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

David Walliams just get worse and worse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thought that was Brian darcy with glasses

Spare us from Brian Darcy !! Quite like this guy , he has humility which more than Brian Darcy does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Lovely - well done Fr Ray.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Spare us from Brian Darcy !! Quite like this guy , he has humility which more than Brian Darcy does
    Wonder why he didn't enter the tv3 one. Bet Simon dies the gold buzzer for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hon Father Ray. Great stuff.

Loved the speechless comedian ! Really funny

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is a funny guy lol

He was very funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Loved him,father Ray and Jenny!

Trying to work out how many British people entered Britain's got talent so far. ?

Golden buzzer defo going to be pressed now.

God I love young supportive kind people. Remarkable girls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Ah lads i'm bawling here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tears streaming down face...

Advertisement