Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hmmm, it seems I concur with a few of the comments that were made on Saturday/Sunday!

Thank God Anton is gone, I'd have stuck up for him for a lot of years, but not in the last couple of series. And I don't think Susannah had much potential for improvement, sadly

O/T but I wish that Karen, Janette (whom I really like) and some of the other girls would give up with the screeching when they get through. Completely OTT, and very annoying. Faye's reaction when her name was called was refreshingly low key - all credit to her for that.

Interesting to see Kevin dance with Diane in the results show - I thought that although himself and Karen had split up they were still dancing together? (I don't follow all the celeb gossip usually, so could have all of that completely arseways)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Interesting to see Kevin dance with Diane in the results show - I thought that although himself and Karen had split up they were still dancing together? (I don't follow all the celeb gossip usually, so could have all of that completely arseways)

They don’t always dance together in the group dance afaik. They did dance together in last weeks group dance, I think it’s common to switch around a bit. I thought the group dance was super this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

So first off I think that it'll be a woman this year. It's been three guys in a row (and I actually do think there's an element of rigging in the results) I think Faye will be in the final. Danny should be there too. I'm interested to see if Joe can do ballroom. Katie is very weak so probably should go next. Graeme and Seann also weak. So strange for Oti to get the choreography wrong. I do think Stacey has great potential but she lacks confidence. I think if she pulled off a good dance it would do wonders for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd be surprised to see Katie in the dance off anytime soon, although she probably is the one with least ability at the moment. I feel she's popular with the British public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd be surprised to see Katie in the dance off anytime soon, although she probably is the one with least ability at the moment. I feel she's popular with the British public.

She seems very vulnerable....that you just want to put your arms around her and tell her all is ok...so this will probably get her through a few weeks where she might be the weakest....she'd need to improve quickly though as it wont last long

• Advertisement

Anyone else tuned in?

I'm a small bit behind, some good dances so far.

Just watching Stacey - oh my, talk about a dance that suited her! (For girl that they made such a big deal of being unfit in week 1, they were either spoofing or she was!)

Lee was very poor, that was kind of all over the shop (don't know enough about cha cha to say anything more technical!)

Kate is clearly their fave for the moment, she can do no wrong (apart from falling down the odd stair).

Joe about to come on - how is he going to cope with ballroom???

Hmm, Joe has this weird bandy-legged look about him, I keep expecting him to do that scissors thing with hands and knees (even in an American Smooth :eek:)

But there's no doubting he's good!

And for someone I'd never heard of and was perfectly prepared to hate going on first impressions, I'm fairly rooting for him now!

Jeepers, Oti landed fairly heavily out of a few of those lifts :eek:

Dunno how she wasn't winded!

I missed Graham entirely (again) cos I was just completely entranced by her. He reminds me of a poor man's Phil Tufnell (but not half as funny).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Loving it as ever but i just can't look past the farce of Ashley being in the competition, with her dancing background.

Complete joke

My inner bitch wants to say that Ashley is far too old to pull off that dance.

Didn't like it particularly.

:D:D:D lovl at Craig's story :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Jaysus, that quickstep by Faye and (bloody can't stand him, boo hiss) Giovanni :eek:

Talk about a million miles an hour, and perfectly timed by both of them. I'll have to try and watch that back on slow-mo later.

But I can't help feeling that she's a bit of a jockey as well, what with being in a pop band and all. Not as much as Ashley, but hmmmm.

But huge hats off to her for that QS all the same :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Ok so is the method of marking whatever the mark Craig gives a couple - Darcy goes one up so she doesn’t seem the bitch of the outfit????? Every time she will give Craig’s mark plus one

skearnsot wrote: »
    Ok so is the method of marking whatever the mark Craig gives a couple - Darcy goes one up so she doesn’t seem the bitch of the outfit????? Every time she will give Craig’s mark plus one

Thought the formula was

Craig
    Darcy = Craig +1
    Shirley = Craig +1

Bruno = Craig + 2

I haven't done a scientific analysis, but that would seem to cover most of the votes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Really liked Katya's choreography in that paso. She's the stand out pro for me (with Oti).

Think Grease and Dirty Dancing should be off limits. They're both such popular dance movies.

Vick/Lee/Katie maybe Lauren for the dance-off?

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Really liked Katya's choreography in that paso. She's the stand out pro for me (with Oti).

Think Grease and Dirty Dancing should be off limits. They're both such popular dance movies.

Vick/Lee/Katie maybe Lauren for the dance-off?

Agree that Katya is the standout choreographer, and Oti the standout dancer.

Grease and DD are mixed blessings IMO - on the one hand, all the moves are there for you - but on the other hand, everyone knows them so well that you'd better pull them off damn well (and most celebs can't) or it'll just fall flat on its face.

I don't think Ashley's DD dance (despite the scores) was a success.

Faye's on the other hand, was sufficiently different to the original, plus so brilliantly executed, that it was just brilliant.

I was so busy chatting and ff'ing through all the rubbish filler bits that I forget the scores - please, please tell me that Faye scored higher than Ashley???

She did - Faye got 36 and I think Ashley was 32?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think Lee or Lauren will go this week. Lees confidence took a right battering after last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Seann and Katya were seen (and photographed) wearing the faces off each other next to the bins outside a pub in London during the week - The Sun have the 'story' and photos on their website in the past little while.
    Both have talked in interviews recently about how supportive their partners are.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Seann and Katya were seen (and photographed) wearing the faces off each other next to the bins outside a pub in London during the week - The Sun have the 'story' and photos on their website in the past little while.
    Both have talked in interviews recently about how supportive their partners are.
    Is Katya not married to someone?

ETA - a quick google confirmed that. Jaysus, could they not try to be a bit discreet if they really have to go at it??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is Katya not married to someone?

ETA - a quick google confirmed that. Jaysus, could they not try to be a bit discreet if they really have to go at it??

Katya is married to Neil Jones . He is the professional dancer who is on Strictly with no partner .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I know it’s stupid but I’m really disappointed to see those photos of Seann and Katya. They both seemed like nice people, what an absolute scummy thing to do and to be so blatant about it. Just a total lack of respect for their partners.

Yeah, disappointing. There's a lot of denial on twitter (see Marion Keyes' replies) but the pics look fairly conclusive.

Their paso was fab.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Surely this is all contrived though? Like, how could you be so stupid to do that so blatantly in public?

Probably having a drunken joke at the paparazzi's expense

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jr86 wrote:
    Surely this is all contrived though? Like, how could you be so stupid to do that so blatantly in public?

Having witnessed it first hand, I would never underestimate how blatant yet oblivious to it people in the throes of an affair can be.

People currently in the public eye though?

And in full view?

Maybe its legit, but I'd be dubious enough. Some people have weird senses of humour, and that's before adding alcohol to the mix

According to DigitalSpy her husband/partner posted a video on IG praising their performance last night so he doesn't seem too perturbed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jr86 wrote:
    People currently in the public eye though?

]According to DigitalSpy her husband/partner posted a video on IG praising their performance last night so he doesn't seem too perturbed anyway

Being in the public eye doesn't make them immune to the very particular type of stupidity that the lust generated by an affair can engender.

Plus, the story only broke relatively late last night so it's possible his IG post went up beforehand.

It'll all come out in the wash eventually. Would seem like a supremely stupid "trick" to play on the paparazzi.

His post went up 2 hours ago to be precise!

Found the link to his page on Twitter

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Being in the public eye doesn't make them immune to the very particular type of stupidity that the lust generated by an affair can engender.

Plus, the story only broke relatively late last night so it's possible his IG post went up beforehand.

It'll all come out in the wash eventually. Would seem like a supremely stupid "trick" to play on the paparazzi.

Something very odd about the whole thing

Darcy looking well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

So Lee went home. He wasn't a bad dancer. He just wasn't popular enough to be kept in. I wonder why?

Advertisement