Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Anyone think the band are ****e in spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

He seemed like a nice guy. Shame to see him go. I think last week's dance off totally knocked him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Both Katya and Sean have released statements on Twitter following the pictures in 'The Sun' earlier.

https://twitter.com/Mrs_katjones/status/1049019526455672833

https://twitter.com/seannwalsh/status/1049019897282547712

Feel for their respective partners. Next week is going to be mega awkward too....

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I think Charles should have gone. There were a few big blunders in his dance off performance compared to Lee. Quite a few Facebook comments saying that it's because Shirley doesn't like Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I thought the Harry Potter pro dance was all show and no technique compared to the DWTS Harry Potter dance earlier this year.
    Also, what the hell was that indulgent nonsense with the water tonight at the start of the elimination show? All fur coat etc...
    The Licence to Kill dance was fantastic though... some of the best pros in it and it showed.
    Charles and Karen are a thoroughly unlikeable partnership. Hopefully they're gone next week.
    Faye and Giovanni should be the favorites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Didn’t think Charles was good in the DO tonight, he made a good few errors, think he was lucky to stay in tonight. I think he is a good dancer and has potential, but he’s at a disadvantage as Karen is so dislikeavke. I think he would do much better with a different partner.

Will be interesting to see how Seann and Katya do next week. They could well find themselves in trouble with the public after their shenanigans this week!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Why do people dislike Karen so much?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The affair with the accountant probably. Shirley has moved on from her hatred for Brendan Cole to hatred for Karen Clifton.

Heroditas wrote: »
    I thought the Harry Potter pro dance was all show and no technique compared to the DWTS Harry Potter dance earlier this year.
    Also, what the hell was that indulgent nonsense with the water tonight at the start of the elimination show? All fur coat etc...
    The Licence to Kill dance was fantastic though... some of the best pros in it and it showed.
    Charles and Karen are a thoroughly unlikeable partnership. Hopefully they're gone next week.
    Faye and Giovanni should be the favorites.

I didn't like the pro routine to singing in the rain tonight at all. Trying to accomplish too much with too many pro dancers. There's so much going on it's difficult to focus on their feet or their faces for that matter.

pinkypinky wrote: »

She's an appalling dancer and is given a lot of publicity via pro dances despite being one of the weakest pros. She also shoves herself to the front of the crowd the whole time to get her face on camera.
    She literally has very little Latin or Ballroom pedigree.

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »

She was said to have been a complete diva when she first joined, had a fight with Ola Jordan, and I think it was Pasha and the other male pros that had to put a stop to the conflict. I suppose the public caught on to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought Lee did by far the better dance-off dance tonight - well he'd certainly improved the most on the earlier dance. Was very surprised to see Charles voted off (almost) unanimously.

Having said that, the fecking camerawork drove me mad, again, by cutting off the dancers' feet and focusing on their heads/upper bodies. It's a bloody dance competition, lads - show us the dancing ffs!

I thought the Dancing in the Rain dance was awful. All over the shop, and the song they were doing it to (the jazzed up version) was awful as well (is that actually a song, or something made up for the occasion?)

It'll be VERY interesting to see Katya/Seann next week, and also the public reaction to them.

I'm getting awfully sick of the screaming and shrieking by the girls when they get through - and a few of the guys aren't far behind in the shrill stakes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ncmc wrote: »
    I know it’s stupid but I’m really disappointed to see those photos of Seann and Katya. They both seemed like nice people, what an absolute scummy thing to do and to be so blatant about it. Just a total lack of respect for their partners.

I was going to mention the "strictly curse" but now I think these are staged for media hoopla, promotion for the show etc.,

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I was going to mention the "strictly curse" but now I think these are staged for media hoopla, promotion for the show etc.,

I was thinking the same thing. I find it hard to believe they could be that stupid. Then when it backfired, they issued the grovelling apologies. It might have worked against them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Her husband posting video on IG today like nothing happened, while apparently Seann's partner liking messages of support for her and against him on twitter? Talk about different reactions. All seems very odd.

I do still think it's probably a drunken joke gone wrong but have to feel very sorry for his partner seeing it come out im the papers like that (wasn't she in audience supporting him last night?).

Their statements are bizarre (and given the simultaneous timing most probably driven by show producers). Who are they apologising to, the general public? The ones they should be apologising to are their partners ffs! Seann doesn't even acknowledge his..

I think it's an apology for how it looks and them both appearing on a family show. The BBC are big in to appearances and portraying their shows as being for all the family. Yet they had pros lying on top of each other in the signing in the rain dance routine tonight. I'm not a prude but that didn't look family oriented to me.

Yep highly unlikely any bit of it was drafted by themselves in fairness

I wonder will this affect his overall popularity or will this even be common knowledge to many viewers?

It's all over the Strictly face book page and twitter. It's also front page of the Sun and other tabloids, "strictly tongue dancing". Not good in anyway. I would be very surprised if they haven't lost a lot of votes. But who knows, no such thing as bad publicity ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It's all over the Strictly face book page and twitter. It's also front page of the Sun and other tabloids, "strictly tongue dancing". Not good in anyway. I would be very surprised if they haven't lost a lot of votes. But who knows, no such thing as bad publicity ?

Was just going to answer my own post, just saw on twitter it's all over the front pages :eek: :eek:

Not a hope of this just being forgotten about/glossed over so!

It's going to be a very hard week on all involved. I'd say they'll play it as a joke that went too far. Neil and Katya do have an odd sense of humour. Maybe it was for publicity.

• Advertisement

How likely is it he'll withdraw or she will and he'll get a new partner?

It's so hard to see how they can both continue as normal. What a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It's going to be a very hard week on all involved. I'd say they'll play it as a joke that went too far. Neil and Katya do have an odd sense of humour. Maybe it was for publicity.

Not a chance of that flying when its been a fair cop. Theres no spinning some very naughty and hurtful behaviour. Seann's girlfriend activity on twitter makes it clear she is very hurt and humiliated.

To be honest, in the same situation I don't know if I would behave honourably so I'm not going to condemn them. However, given the inevitable intimacy involved in their future dance training and the fact it would become a prurient distraction from the competition, as well as the added difficulty of Neil being on the show, I think Seann and Katya should quit immediately and go their separate ways to begin making amends privately. Neil should be free to decide to remain or withdraw himself, depending on his own best interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I don’t really buy the theory that it’s a publicity stunt. Can you just imagine the conversation between Seann and his partner

Seann: C’mere love, ye know that gorgeous Russian bird that I’ve been grinding up against and had her crotch in my face on an hourly basis for 12 hours a day for the last two months? Well - and you’re gonna laugh at this - we were thinking of getting ourselves papped snogging and fondling each other like a couple of horny teens. Ya know, publicity and all that. So we can stay in the competition and grind against each other and me have her crotch in my face for another three weeks instead of two! Gas, wha???

Partner: Ehhhhh......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Are Seann and Katya now trying to say it was a set up joke ? Well I see nothing funny about it if it was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This is insane.I'd say it'll make things very awkward on the show.

I feel awful for Seann's girlfriend.Her liked tweets would seem to show that she is properly upset.

Is this the earliest a strictly curse romance has been revealed? I remember the last few there may have been rumours during the show but nothing confirmed till the season was over.

I've been looking at the twitter and instagram comments and people are suggesting that Neil and Katya have an open relationship.I know its only rumours but I wonder if its true.I suppose even if it is it would hurt Neil to have it rubbed in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

This can go a number of ways now.

1) Katya quits and Seann gets a new partner
    2) Seann quits
    3) They both just brazen it out and continue
    3) They are in the bottom two on Saturday and are eliminated.

What do people think will happen??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cateym wrote: »
    This can go a number of ways now.

1) Katya quits and Seann gets a new partner
    2) Seann quits
    3) They both just brazen it out and continue
    3) They are in the bottom two on Saturday and are eliminated.

What do people think will happen??

I say it'll be option 3.... it'll be more awkward if one of them steps down now. It'll be a case of move on and act like it didnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Loughc wrote: »
    I say it'll be option 3.... it'll be more awkward if one of them steps down now. It'll be a case of move on and act like it didnt happen.
    It'll be a tad awkward when it comes to the rumba round...:eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It'll be a tad awkward when it comes to the rumba round...:eek:

I take it no one will be chanting kiss kiss kiss when waiting for the judges scores like they did to AJ last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd hate to see Katya stepping down or away, she's the best choreographer and an amazing dancer. She'd be a massive loss to the show.

Such an awkward situation, of all the Strictly curses I don't think there has ever been one as awkward as this? Feel so sorry for their partners.

Advertisement