Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd hate to see Katya stepping down or away, she's the best choreographer and an amazing dancer. She'd be a massive loss to the show.

Such an awkward situation, of all the Strictly curses I don't think there has ever been one as awkward as this? Feel so sorry for their partners.

Poor Neil, he has to be there every week and take part in the show, I wonder are all the pros freezing Seann out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Saturdays show will be an interesting watch, I doubt either will be made leave by the producers but the public may not be so forgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yeah at least Seann's girlfriend/ex doesn't have to look at them together if she doesn't want to. Poor Neil.

It'll all turn into a very awkward workplace if Neil and Katya split but stay on the show, you can see the divide the Cliftons splitting has caused in the group of pros too.

I don't think the public would vote them out purely over this though but they'll likely have a really tough week if they do continue so mightn't be the best dance on Saturday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Secretly, the producers will be loving all this hype. There'll be record viewing numbers for Saturday's show as people tune in to watch the body language. They won't be fired and unless it gets worse, I suspect nothing will happen. ITT will not mention it at all when they interview S & K this week.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Yeah at least Seann's girlfriend/ex doesn't have to look at them together if she doesn't want to. Poor Neil.

It'll all turn into a very awkward workplace if Neil and Katya split but stay on the show, you can see the divide the Cliftons splitting has caused in the group of pros too.

I don't think the public would vote them out purely over this though but they'll likely have a really tough week if they do continue so mightn't be the best dance on Saturday.
    What do you mean by a split in the pros? I FF a lot of the filler stuff and Claudia's interview with the dancers so I miss a lot! Just wondering how and when a split in allegience is noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

So they went to Marylebone and stood outside knowing full well the paps are only hanging for this kind of story every year?

FFS.

razorblunt wrote: »
    So they went to Marylebone and stood outside knowing full well the paps are only hanging for this kind of story every year?

FFS.
    Exactly, total lack of respect and decency towards their partners. If they're acting like this on a busy London street, God knows what they are up to behind closed doors!

I think they will brazen it out but be voted out on Saturday. I can't see the public voting for them and you couldn't possibly not know about it as it's plastered across the tabloids. Anton has never been voted out in week 1 before despite having some truly awful partners, I fully believe it was because of the pics of Susannah hunting and putting animal blood on her daughters cheeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

So they're due to be on ITT this evening.
    It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. At least if its on the live show you can just dance and then get it over and done with. Having to sit there chatting must be even more awkward.

I wonder if they'll pull out of this appearance or just (as I suspect they will) gloss over it totally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

You really couldn’t make this stuff up though, snogging in full view in public while you’re currently in the public eye and both attached. One born every minute and all that

I’m half expecting the Eastenders theme tune to come on watching that video, it’s like what you’d see in a clichéd, cheesy Christmas day affair reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I love the fact they "apologised" but it's not directed at anyone in particular.
    Start with your actual partners and then work outwards!

I can't even rationalise the thought process, if I walked up to my wife and said

"I'm going to kiss that dancer I'm spending 40 odd hours with per week, it's only for lolz and bantz though"
    - No you're not
    "Peck on the lips, be grand"
    - You're an idiot
    "Hey, I did that thing ... so funny"
    - The picture has you inhaling her face
    "I know right, lolz what am I like bantz bantz bantz"

ncmc wrote: »
    What do you mean by a split in the pros? I FF a lot of the filler stuff and Claudia's interview with the dancers so I miss a lot! Just wondering how and when a split in allegience is noticed.

You'd see it in the filler stuff alright! Before Kevin & Karen split Janette and Karen in particular were best buds, they'd do all sorts of messing around up with Claudia and be pretty much stuck to each other. They barely go near each other since. It doesn't look like Karen buddies up with any of the pros anymore.

jr86 wrote: »
    You really couldn’t make this stuff up though, snogging in full view in public while you’re currently in the public eye and both attached. One born every minute and all that

I’m half expecting the Eastenders theme tune to come on watching that video, it’s like what you’d see in a clichéd, cheesy Christmas day affair reveal.

I agree with you. It seems like a monumental complete and utter lack of judgement!!

The public can only put them in the dance-off. They're better than a lot of the people on the show so the judges could still save them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    The public can only put them in the dance-off. They're better than a lot of the people on the show so the judges could still save them.

I'd say if they end up in the bottom two Seann will mess it up. I don't think he'd deal with the pressure of it plus knowing the public are against them if say they weren't the weakest dancers.

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I don't know if this is strictly true, Seann's first two dances were pretty poor. The paso was brilliant, but I think that was more down to amazing choreography than his dancing. I would think he's one of the poorest of the celebs left with maybe Katie and Lauren worse than him and the pressure of this week is bound to effect his performance.

I think Sean will walk. He’s out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

They'll stay their ground, Get a warning from the producers and be in the bottom on Saturday night, and probably will get through on judges vote. They can dance so have that going for them. I don't think the public will like their behaviour.

ncmc wrote: »
    I don't know if this is strictly true, Seann's first two dances were pretty poor. The paso was brilliant, but I think that was more down to amazing choreography than his dancing. I would think he's one of the poorest of the celebs left with maybe Katie and Lauren worse than him and the pressure of this week is bound to effect his performance.

I agree. His first two dances were fairly weak. It's going to be a very tough week for them both.

Seann's now ex had put out a statement. It reflects horribly on him

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    They'll stay their ground, Get a warning from the producers and be in the bottom on Saturday night, and probably will get through on judges vote. They can dance so have that going for them. I don't think the public will like their behaviour.

I don't think they'll get a warning, this is massive publicity for the show, they might get a raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wow . That is a damning statement and as you say reflects very badly on Seann . And why was he not with his partner on her birthday anyway . ?

Oh wow! Doesn't look like a drunken kiss so

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

:eek:

Jesus. That's bad.

Just watching ITT now, and there's no sign or mention of them - didn't someone earlier say they were due on?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :eek:

Jesus. That's bad.

Just watching ITT now, and there's no sign or mention of them - didn't someone earlier say they were due on?

That's was me but I could have been wrong. I was convinced I'd read it in one of the rags .

Well they were both back training today. Kept their heads down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think they are referring to Marian Keyes, the supposed expert on everything including Strictly. Hate ITT when she's on :(

I don't think there's any need for a personal attack on Marian Keyes. She's clearly very invested in Strictly, as are we all, who post regularly on a message board about it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

The Daily Mail are reporting that producers have ordered them to dial down the sexiness of their dance this week! So they must be forging ahead. Lol, won't be fast forwarding the filler/training footage of their dance anyway!

Advertisement