Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Kevin is a bit of a twit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

368100 wrote: »
    How are you able to vote? Id like to but never really tried

My daughter logs in in the UK and votes what I text her .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I want Katie to do well , I wish her well but she really can't dance in fairness

I agree. Katie is a very sweet person but the weakest dancer by a LONG shot. Delighted for Stacey. She's my favourite.

By the way folks, if any of you have playback or can rewatch, it's worth looking at the expressions on the faces of the pros and other contestants when Katya and Seann were talking to Tess. You can literally pick out those than deplore them and those that have huge fake smiles painted onto their faces. It's awful.

Cateym wrote: »
    By the way folks, if any of you have playback or can rewatch, it's worth looking at the expressions on the faces of the pros and other contestants when Katya and Seann were talking to Tess. You can literally pick out those than deplore them and those that have huge fake smiles painted onto their faces. It's awful.

In fairness a lot of them know Neil and feel empathy maybe with him being in an awkward situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I missed the whole show and that live video they put up on YouTube keeps having a glitch so I've only seen a few. How did Kate and Aliaz do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Does anyone feel this season is lacking a bit of personality? Talent wise, I think it’s probably the strongest line up we’ve had in a while and there are no real duds, but I can’t say I’m rooting for anyone in particular. I really don’t care who stays or goes. I find myself rooting for my favourite pros rather than the celebrities!

I feel Seann was really over marked tonight, I thought it was very flat footed, stop/start and clumsy. I think the judges over compensated to make it look like they weren’t marking on his personal life or else are trying to deliberately keep him in for publicity!

Can’t say I really loved any of the dances tonight, I hate the rhumba but thought Faye did well. I found the music so distracting with Ashley’s dance, I could hardly concentrate on the dance. Stacey was probably my favourite of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I really enjoyed Vik and Graziano's dance- I think she's really graceful and beautiful when she dances. If I was able to vote, they would have gotten my preference.

Seann and Katya were well overmarked - Shirley's 8 was a joke.

I honestly thought Kate's Samba was more hampered by the bizarre music choice more than anything. 'Africa' by Toto was completely the wrong tempo for that dance. She could be in trouble tomorrow because of it unfortunately, which is a shame as I think she's a very watchable dancer otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I wish they'd get rid of the rhumba, unless it's ridiculously spectacular it's usually pretty meh. Did I read somewhere that they're introducing a new dance this year?

I was reading that Katie's attacker was released from his "life sentence" in prison this week, that must have rattled her. Fair play to her for keeping it together. Brave woman

ncmc wrote: »
    Does anyone feel this season is lacking a bit of personality? Talent wise, I think it’s probably the strongest line up we’ve had in a while and there are no real duds, but I can’t say I’m rooting for anyone in particular. I really don’t care who stays or goes. I find myself rooting for my favourite pros rather t
    p

Yep I thought the same. There's something off this yeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Yeah supporting Giovanni and Pasha but not fussed on their partners. Do you know what, I hope Joe Sugg can keep improving , Katie, Stacey and Danny too. I'd much rather one of them winning. They work so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

honeybear wrote: »
    Think Kevin overmarked

He's always overmarked.

Anyway, thought last night was pretty average. Nothing really stood out.
    The judges spend far too much time gushing over the personality of the dance rather than glaring errors.
    It's not a great season so far in my opinion. A lot of the dancers are just, in a word, bland...

I read this last night on twitter ! Apparently the subtitles shown had a tiny mistake in it

LOL LOL

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3251820/strictly-viewers-spot-seriously-awkward-subtitles-blunder-w

Anyone notice how Neil was in the pictures when Katya and Sean were talking to Claudia?

Anyone notice how Neil was in the pictures when Katya and Sean were talking to Claudia?

You can see him to the left of camera in the clip above .He looks like he is chewing a wasp poor divil

I read this last night on twitter ! Apparently the subtitles shown had a tiny mistake in it

LOL LOL

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3251820/strictly-viewers-spot-seriously-awkward-subtitles-blunder-w

That's absolutely hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Vick Hopes hair is my favourite part of strictly this year.

Its just magnificent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Think this could be the year of an all ladies final

honeybear wrote: »
    Think this could be the year of an all ladies final

Faye, Ashley, Stacey???

Seann is concentrating sooo hard to keep his arms by his side !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Cateym wrote: »
    Faye, Ashley, Stacey???

They were all super yesterday

Well Claudia was cool with Seann there ! He is not flavour of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Well Claudia was cool with Seann there ! He is not flavour of the month

I didn't think she was any different with him than the others

Guess it's goodbye to Katie. I so wanted her to do well but she just wasn't quite getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Like Katie but she ain't got rhythm

She's so honest and modest. Charles well and truly rattled looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

That wasn't a hard decision to make. Charles dances like Gregory Hines, poor old Katie dances like Des Cahill.

Well done Katie and well done Gorka who was such a support

I didn't think she was any different with him than the others

Guess it's goodbye to Katie. I so wanted her to do well but she just wasn't quite getting it.

I thought she was less gushy ! She didn't ask how thrilled he was or anything but just about his dances

CFlat wrote: »
    That wasn't a hard decision to make. Charles dances like Gregory Hines, poor old Katie dances like Des Cahill.

Charles danced better in the dance off than in the show.

• Advertisement

I thought that Charles and Karen mucked up their lift at the end of their dance last night. The judges even commented on it but they made the same mistake again in the dance-off. Either that or it was intended to be that way, in which case it was a very clumsy lift.

As for next week, this "freestyle" nonsense is yet another sign of the times. Just rename the body show "Celebrity Burn the Floor". Ridiculous. Talk about playing right into the hands of Ashley.

Loved the Backstreet Boys. Just a pity that there was no pro dance to go with it.

Advertisement