Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

RosyLily wrote: »
    Such a good samba!! Could this be the year Kevin breaks his final duck?

Fantastic . I am now firmly in the Stacey camp ! I love her enthusiasm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

My dad mentioned that Joe looked like Rat (DJ Qualls) from The Core and now I can't unsee it.

Can't warm to Vick and Graziano at all , they are very intense

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not sure how far behind I am at the moment - I've just watched Ashley's rumba, which is about the first rumba I've ever liked! I think because it was more dynamic than usual, not as slow and drippy and basically mortifying as they usually are.

I liked Ranj's AS, not blown away by it.

Can't get my head around contemporary dance at all, that just left me cold. I got the idea behind it, and the story was very engaging, but the dance..... yeah, no.

Shirley seems to be on the happy pills tonight, and do I detect a bit of needle between her and Craig over the last couple of weeks? Seems to me that if he says he doesn't like something, she LOVES it, and vice versa..... maybe I'm imagining it, but I get the impression there's something going on there.....

Wow Danny !!!!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can't get my head around contemporary dance at all, that just left me cold. I got the idea behind it, and the story was very engaging, but the dance..... yeah, no.

I've seen some contemporary dances on the American DWTS and they can be beautiful. That one though was a bit robotic. Nah. Not for me.

Danny!!!!! OMG!!!!

Hmmmm, I thought Seann's quickstep was better than they gave them credit for!

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough!

And a bit of hair gel or a few clips wouldn't go astray, that messy hair look did nothing for him (and yes, I know he was meant to be a busker, but that's just a messy bird's nest!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Danny was amazing. I hadn't been particularly impressed by him before but tonight was great. I didn't love Stacey's samba. I thought she looked unsure the whole way through. I thought Seann was better than they gave him credit for, it wasn't that bad at all.

Haven't heard the comments yet, but Stacey, that was not your dance :o

Lovely stuff from Faye. She looks like a Quality Street...and I mean that in the best possible way! Karen looks nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow Danny !!!!

F A B U L O U S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I don’t think the standard particularly good tonight (I’m about halfway through) didn’t rate Stacey’s samba, thought it was a bit frenetic and chaotic. Maybe I don’t get contemporary but I thought Lauren’s dance was shockingly bad. She was like a sack of spuds! Would be surprised if she survives this week.

ncmc wrote: »
    I don’t think the standard particularly good tonight (I’m about halfway through) didn’t rate Stacey’s samba, thought it was a bit frenetic and chaotic. Maybe I don’t get contemporary but I thought Lauren’s dance was shockingly bad. She was like a sack of spuds! Would be surprised if she survives this week.

Agree with all of this.

Bit of a backhanded compliment from Shirley there about Stacey's "basic" samba.....

ETA -wtf, 8 and 3 9's for that samba??? Am I cracking up here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

ncmc wrote: »

Stay watching, the last few are the standouts tonight

DAMN! I kinda loved that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Best tonight for me were Danny, Graeme, Charles and Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ashleys rumba was gorgeous

Im a bit behind, just watched it. It was good but i thought it had a bit too much attack....and the movement didnt flow from step to step, bit stop start

Edit...after seeing the scores it was overmarked

I caught second half and loved it. Not a street dance expert (or fan) but really loved Danny’s dance. Have to catch up on Stacey’s but from small recap thought she was looking down a bit during dance. Think Faye’s positive personality will earn popularity points-she’s so elegant. Can we keep Alfonso???

honeybear wrote: »
    I caught second half and loved it. Not a street dance expert (or fan) but really loved Danny’s dance. Have to catch up on Stacey’s but from small recap thought she was looking down a bit during dance. Think Faye’s positive personality will earn popularity points-she’s so elegant. Can we keep Alfonso???

I want him to knock out a bit of the carlton

Voted for Danny , Stacey and this time Charles as I thought he was great this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Wow, Danny and Charles were amazing! I don’t think Charles deserved to be in the bottom two the last two weeks so hope he is safe this week.

Who do you think will be in the bottom two? I think Lauren definitely and maybe Vick. Though I think Seann and Kate could be in trouble too, though think Kate will be ok for another couple of weeks.

Mother of God, Danny's jive - the guy is nearly 60 :eek:

That was fantastic!

I thought his feet were a bit floppy in the kicks and flicks - but OMFG!!!

Faye is soooo elegant!

But God I can't STAND Giovanni :mad:

I think Vick , Lauren and Seann are in danger . Would be glad to see Seann go now , I find everything about him and Katya uncomfortable to watch

I know absolutely nothing about street dance (not that I know much about any other dance, mind you - but years of watching Strictly gives you a bit of a cheat card) - but bloody hell, Charles's dance was brilliant - I loved it!

Shirley is definitely on the happy pills tonight!

Faye is soooo elegant!

But God I can't STAND Giovanni :mad:

I know he's a bit cocky but I think he gets an overly bad rap.....he's one of the best male pros and a great choreographer

368100 wrote: »
    I know he's a bit cocky but I think he gets an overly bad rap.....he's one of the best male pros and a great choreographer

I like him.

Shirley is definitely on the happy pills tonight!

She must be.....big grin staring into space sometimes

• Advertisement

Faye looks great for 42

Advertisement