Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭murt101

Anyone else have trouble getting bbc1 via sky tonight? I can get all the other channels just not bbc1...

Ashley really milked it tonight. Great show. Hard to know who’s in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The judges want Danny out ! Loved Joe tonight and he is a true beginner .
    Ashley milked that as someone said and I hate Contempory mush anyway

For me now Faye , Joe and Stacey for the final

honeybear wrote: »
    Faye is so likeable

She is lovely , but Shirley doesnt like her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

iamwhoiam wrote: »

She is lovely , but Shirley doesnt like her

Shirley's response to the dance was negative...and she gave her an 8!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oti's arse in those shorts is just mesmerising :eek: When I could drag my eyes away from her, I didn't think much of Graeme's effort, tbh. Hope the judges agree with me now!

Agree with other posters, Ashley milking it for all she was worth. Not a fan of that contemporary barefoot stuff at all. Shirley standing up and all but blubbing was a bit much. Hmmmm.

Kate's quickstep i thought was a bit.... flat? stiff? something anyway. I'm an absolute sucker for QS, and that one just didn't do it for me. And would Aljaz ever rein-in the hamming, he's beyond parody at this stage.

honeybear wrote: »
    Faye is so likeable
    I loved her jive.

She looked completely gobsmacked (in a WTF :confused: kind of way) at Shirley's frankly bizarre comments!

Ah ffs!

As much as I love Joe (and I was fully prepared to hate him from the word go, but he's just so lovely!), that samba was NOT worth a 9.

Or even an 8 I suspect.

They all seem to have a crush on Joe (maybe to offset Shirley's dislike of Faye???)

Loved Charles' charleston! Reminiscent of their street dance week, really thought it was great.

Kate and Graeme or Danny for the dance-off for me.

Joe probably should be in it, but his ridiculously high scores from the judges might keep him safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oti's arse in those shorts is just mesmerising :eek: When I could drag my eyes away from her, I didn't think much of Graeme's effort, tbh. Hope the judges agree with me now!

Agree with other posters, Ashley milking it for all she was worth. Not a fan of that contemporary barefoot stuff at all. Shirley standing up and all but blubbing was a bit much. Hmmmm.

Kate's quickstep i thought was a bit.... flat? stiff? something anyway. I'm an absolute sucker for QS, and that one just didn't do it for me. And would Aljaz ever rein-in the hamming, he's beyond parody at this stage.

Nicer t*ts

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I thought Joe, Graeme and Kate were overmarked - and Danny marked fairly, or even undermarked this week. Is this an effort to keep Danny low on the leaderboard to make it easier to kick him out in the danceoff tonight following his horrible treatment of his partner, or am I overthinking? I didn't like him from the beginning, finding him conceited and overbearing and saccharine sweet, but the judges seemed to love him at first and have become very cool towards him in the last two shows. I'd be happy for him not to be on the show anymore because I don't enjoy watching him but he's not the weakest dancer - he's much stronger than Graeme, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think everyone did pretty well last night. I think it’s pretty clear that Kate, Graham and to a lesser extent Lauren are dead wood at this stage. There really is a gulf between them and the others. Graham in particular was saved by Oti’s dancing and unusual choreography, but his dancing was pretty dire.

I think Danny is in real trouble this week. I think he’s a good dancer but there’s something about his dances that I can’t put my finger on. They all look very samey or something? He has a very distinctive posture, almost ballet like and it doesn’t vary regardless of the dance. I think between the judges scores and the bullying rumours, he could be out this week.

On the other side, I loved Charles Charleston, so different and fun. And also loved Faye’s jive. Shirley’s comments were frankly baffling. Ashley was perfection as always but just can’t warm to her. I think Danny and Graham in the DO, couldn’t call who the judges would save out of those two. Danny clearly the better dancer but based on the judges scores, I think they want him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I thought Faye’s Jive was great and she was in heels. Many of the female celebrities do the jive in flats or runner. Unfortunately Shirley doesn’t like her so if she is ever in the DO she could be gone.

I don’t like Ashley. In her VTs she tries to come across as humble and lacking in confidence but i don’t believe any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ncmc wrote: »
    I think everyone did pretty well last night. I think it’s pretty clear that Kate, Graham and to a lesser extent Lauren are dead wood at this stage. There really is a gulf between them and the others. Graham in particular was saved by Oti’s dancing and unusual choreography, but his dancing was pretty dire.

I think Danny is in real trouble this week. I think he’s a good dancer but there’s something about his dances that I can’t put my finger on. They all look very samey or something? He has a very distinctive posture, almost ballet like and it doesn’t vary regardless of the dance. I think between the judges scores and the bullying rumours, he could be out this week.

On the other side, I loved Charles Charleston, so different and fun. And also loved Faye’s jive. Shirley’s comments were frankly baffling. Ashley was perfection as always but just can’t warm to her. I think Danny and Graham in the DO, couldn’t call who the judges would save out of those two. Danny clearly the better dancer but based on the judges scores, I think they want him out!

Totally agree about Danny and the ballet like dancing - don’t think he’s all that at all, haven’t taken to him since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I guess you don't mess with your professional partner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Didn’t seem to be much animosity there - they were mad gushing over each other! It’s probably more made up rubbish. He is pretty full of himself though.

I wish they'd dispense with Judges' Corner, or whatever they call it these days - complete waste of 5 minutes of the show.

When it started as Len's Lens, it was good - they actually gave some insight into how the judges think and operate. Now it's just a trite question and one-liner answer that adds very little, to my knowledge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loved Graeme and Oti's dance this week. Such great fun.
    Ashley's dance was a load of contrived conceited nonsense. Absolutely hated it but it was still very good.
    Don't get me started on the start of the Sunday show... no time for that jingoistic bull.

Danny's upper body was always too stiff. That's what made some of his dances look strange.

Hopefully they get Charles back doing some proper Latin or Ballroom. His top scores have been on weeks where they were dancing some of these "newer" dances. Much as I hate to say it, his Charleston was pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I watched back shirley's comments for Faye. Still made no sense.

Might have done if it was maybe a rumba and she didn't connect emotionally but I thought her acting in the Jive was spot on....Bruno was funny trying to distance himself from Shirley.

Her dislike for Faye is blatant..the 8 was unwarranted.....whatever happened between them. I hope the producers have a word, she shouldn't be on the panel if she can't be impartial.

• Advertisement

Craig had the most false fake smile I have ever seen . It just never reaches his eyes !
    Shirley is so obvious now in not liking Faye
    I used to love Aljaz but his OTT behavour is grating this year .
    Pascha is such a sweetheart and Giovanni is really growing on me .
    Loving this year , the standard is amazing and from now I am rooting for them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Craig had the most false fake smile I have ever seen . It just never reaches his eyes !
    Shirley is so obvious now in not liking Faye
    I used to love Aljaz but his OTT behavour is grating this year .
    Pascha is such a sweetheart and Giovanni is really growing on me .
    Loving this year , the standard is amazing and from now I am rooting for them all

All of them? Hope the splinters in your a**e aren't too sore ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,722 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened with Faye and Shirley?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Her comments to faye aren't even constructive. She tried to explain her dynamic comment in the judges corner, and I'm unsure to the dancers among you it made perfect sense, but it seemed a poor excuse to give an 8. Stacey and Kevin's jive wasn't half as technical. What did they get?

I wonder is it more about Giovanni? I think, although he seems to have reeled his ego in a lot this year, he grates on the judges. He seems to put a lot into his routines to show off what he can do and what he knows, rather than concentrating on the celeb's abilities and working with them.

That said I rarely watch the celeb when Giovanni is dancing :o

368100 wrote: »
    All of them? Hope the splinters in your a**e aren't too sore ;-)

Yes I am rooting for them all to do well ? Whats wrong with that ? I would love to see Faye win but would be happy with any of them now that Danny is gone .

Yes I am rooting for them all to do well ? Whats wrong with that ? I would love to see Faye win but would be happy with any of them now that Danny is gone .

Isn’t it funny how there’s one good dancer every year that the viewers take against? I’m glad he’s gone. Those faces he pulled when the judges were commenting were great!

It appears that he’s not a happy bunny. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6377189/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Danny-John-Jules-eliminated-losing-dance-against-Graeme-Swann.html

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

ncmc wrote: »

Well called. I totally agree with you about Danny's posture. It was just off and made all his dances have a robotic feel about them. I thought once he'd done a few dances the posture thing would sort itself out but alas, no. If the DM are to be believed the man had serious notions about himself. I don't know though about the bullying. Himself and Amy are extremely talented actors in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Isn’t it funny how there’s one good dancer every year that the viewers take against? I’m glad he’s gone. Those faces he pulled when the judges were commenting were great!

It appears that he’s not a happy bunny. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6377189/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Danny-John-Jules-eliminated-losing-dance-against-Graeme-Swann.html
    What is most shocking about that article is that he’s wearing flip flops and socks!!! Also Graeme is only 39??? I would have put him well in his 40’s 😱

" Danny has decided not to join us tonight "

Well that spoke volumes for me , not even the decency to accompany Amy on ITT . Amy is such a sweetheart and I felt for her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

No Danny on ITT. "Danny has decided not to join us tonight" was what Zoe said.

That's a few times this year it's happened.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement