Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

pinkypinky wrote: »
    No Danny on ITT. "Danny has decided not to join us tonight" was what Zoe said.

That's a few times this year it's happened.

They didn't even bother making up an excuse for him . Says a lot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Lee appeared by phone from some cruise gig. Vick was also missing but I can't remember what her excuse was.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes I am rooting for them all to do well ? Whats wrong with that ? I would love to see Faye win but would be happy with any of them now that Danny is gone .

Was only lolling!

Oh Dear Danny.......the sorest of losers,

Feel sorry for Amy....what was her best year to end like that.

Oh god...just watched the rest of Amy on ITT.....so big of her to thank him and her in bits.....she's a sweetheart

368100 wrote: »
    Oh Dear Danny.......the sorest of losers,

Feel sorry for Amy....what was her best year to end like that.

His non appearance did nothing to dispel the rumours about his behaviour
    I thought poor Amy looked really stressed tonight and her tears were upsetting

• Advertisement

His non appearance did nothing to dispel the rumours about his behaviour
    I thought poor Amy looked really stressed tonight and her tears were upsetting

Absolutely.....was more than happy tears unfortunately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

AJ and Lauren eeeeeek - think they could be in trouble sadly

Craig is all about Craig , anything for attention even if its negative

WOW !! Faye was amazing !!

WOW !! Faye was amazing !!

Can’t understand why Darcy didn’t give full marks or Craig either tbh

• Advertisement

Ashley was simply A Maz Ing .!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just watching it back now - Gloria Estefan is amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh that Samba from Charles and Karen! Wow!!

Still think Jay & Aliona and Jill & Darren's jives are yet to be beaten, but Ashley's was definitely up there with the best Jives on Strictly.

I reckon Kate & Lauren will be bottom two this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I personally think Ashley’s jive is one of the best I’ve seen on Strictly, it’s up there with Jay and Aliona’s and I would put Ore and Joanne’s up there too. I personally think Jill’s jive a bit over rated! It was excellent for Strictly at the time, but I think the show has come on so much in terms of talent and showmanship, I don’t think it stands up as well any more. The sheer speed of Ashley’s jive compared to the like of Jill’s is just incredible.

I also loved Faye tonight, I’m not a fan of the paso normally, but that was incredible. I personally think she was a bit undermarked. I also liked Charles samba. I think Joe was over marked tonight, don’t think he deserved the same score as Faye and Charles.

Any of the others could be in trouble. I personally didn’t rate Graeme’s dance and Stacey has plateaued a bit in the last couple of weeks. Kate is just blah every week IMO, I wish she would go. But I think it could be Lauren this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh that Samba from Charles and Karen! Wow!!

Still think Jay & Aliona and Jill & Darren's jives are yet to be beaten, but Ashley's was definitely up there with the best Jives on Strictly.

I reckon Kate & Lauren will be bottom two this week.

Just came on to comment on Charles! UNREAL! Totally agree with Bruno’s comment about him being indistinguishable from the pros when he was dancing with them

And just saw Joe - amazing!! He’s sooo cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

ncmc wrote: »
    I personally think Ashley’s jive is one of the best I’ve seen on Strictly, it’s up there with Jay and Aliona’s and I would put Ore and Joanne’s up there too. I personally think Jill’s jive a bit over rated! It was excellent for Strictly at the time, but I think the show has come on so much in terms of talent and showmanship, I don’t think it stands up as well any more. The sheer speed of Ashley’s jive compared to the like of Jill’s is just incredible.

I also loved Faye tonight, I’m not a fan of the paso normally, but that was incredible. I personally think she was a bit undermarked. I also liked Charles samba. I think Joe was over marked tonight, don’t think he deserved the same score as Faye and Charles.

Any of the others could be in trouble. I personally didn’t rate Graeme’s dance and Stacey has plateaued a bit in the last couple of weeks. Kate is just blah every week IMO, I wish she would go. But I think it could be Lauren this week.
    I never got the enduring love for Jill's jive-Jay & Ore's jives were far superior imo.

On catchup-GO Charles! Samba is soon hard (Danny Samba fan here!). Charles nailed all the fun!

I didn’t think Ashley’s jive was any better than Faye’s Paso - can’t understand why they didn’t get full house instead of the same mark as Joe. Maybe it’s cos I’m beginning to get irritated by Ashley

The standard was very high last night and I do think it will be Ashley that wins out in the end - sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Some utterly ridiculous marking last night, Joe in particular.
    Faye's Paso was good but her posture wasn't great. There was no form in her upper body.
    Ashley's jive was very good though. However I would have liked to see them more in hold and less of Ashley shaking her bloody skirt for half the routine.
    Looks like we're stuck with Chukky and Karen for another week too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

ncmc wrote: »

I'm quite meh about last night's jive tbh. I still rate Jay's and Jill's over Ashley's. I'm just not feeling the love for Ashley, and I think it's probably because of her extensive dance background. Jill's may now be dated but at the time it was a standard we'd never really seen before and she was a non-dancer starting out.

In fact were there any celebs with formal dance training involved in the competition way back then?

• Advertisement

skearnsot wrote: »
    I didn’t think Ashley’s jive was any better than Faye’s Paso - can’t understand why they didn’t get full house instead of the same mark as Joe. Maybe it’s cos I’m beginning to get irritated by Ashley

The standard was very high last night and I do think it will be Ashley that wins out in the end - sadly

It’s a public vote in the final and I’d imagine that she irritates many!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Agree - it was a good jive but it doesn't break into the top 3 of Jill, Jay and Ore for me. I don't connect to Ashley on an emotional level at all, she feels very fake. And her immense experience doesn't endear her to a lot of people. I don't think an American in that category (pop star woman) has ever done well on Strictly.

Thought Charles was really good. Joe continues to be very over-marked. Lauren & Kate for the dance-off?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Maybe someone had a word with Shirley before last night, I was half expecting her to pick lots of holes in Faye's paso which would have been blatantly unfair.

I thought Ashley's jive was excellent, but would agree that there was an awful lot of skirt shaking and it would have been even better if the choreography included more in hold. I wasn't watching Strictly back when Jill Halfpenny did her jive so looking at it now on YouTube, it doesn't have the same impact for me. Jay and Aliona's jive coming as it did in week 3 of the season absolutely blew me away, Ashley's was great, but at Blackpool we could expect a high standard.

Ashley probably won't win despite her talent because a) she is a bit irritating and b) she has previous dance experience. Danny Mac was the best dancer by miles last year and I found him more likeable than Ashley, but the public preferred someone who had developed from non-dancer to champion standard.

Charles' samba was brilliant, I think Karen is the main reason why he keeps ending up in the dance off. The public vote isn't behind her so her celebrity partner suffers, she is a bit of a liability. Stacey does seem to have plateaued so I hope she can shift up a gear next week. Kate and Lauren for the dance off in my opinion too.

Since his Street Commercial dance, I’ve been really impressed with Charles. Loved his Samba-there haven’t been many memorable Strictly Sambas (for me). I want him to make the final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

honeybear wrote: »
    Since his Street Commercial dance, I’ve been really impressed with Charles. Loved his Samba-there haven’t been many memorable Strictly Sambas (for me). I want him to make the final

Same its in my top 3 with Danny Mac and Oti and Joe and Katya!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

I will never forget Danny and Oti's Samba - I watch it every now and then, never fails to improve my humour. I had actually forgotten about Joe and Katya's. Just watched it again there, thank you for the reminder, absolutely superb! :)

Same its in my top 3 with Danny Mac and Oti and Joe and Katya!

Both fantastic ! Helped by great music

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pro dance all a bit scatty for my liking.

And they'll never beat Jude Law singing that *swoons*

Tess looks like she flew outta the oven Xmas day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

skearnsot wrote: »
    Tess looks like she flew outta the oven Xmas day

:D:D

Advertisement