Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

skearnsot wrote: »
    Tess looks like she flew outta the oven Xmas day

I wouldn't mind stuffing her all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Partridge..Turkey....?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Partridge..Turkey....?

Turducken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I will never forget Danny and Oti's Samba - I watch it every now and then, never fails to improve my humour. I had actually forgotten about Joe and Katya's. Just watched it again there, thank you for the reminder, absolutely superb! :)

Love Danny’s Samba

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Graeme v Kate.

Hmmm. Couldn't call it, and don't really care which of them goes tbh - neither are going to be bothering the final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Hope she wouldn’t be as condescending with you as she is to the dancers - Claudia seems so much nicer and genuine & funnier!!

Tonight’s result was the right one for this stage of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I was surprised to see Graeme in the DO this week, I think Lauren had a lucky escape to be honest. I didn’t really care which of them went. Found both dances a bit boring this week. There’s something about Kate that annoys me and I can’t put my finger on it! So not sorry to see her go.

Can’t wait for the Lindybopathon next week! I loved the Lindybop Kevin and Kellie did a few years back as their show dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

skearnsot wrote: »
    Hope she wouldn’t be as condescending with you as she is to the dancers - Claudia seems so much nicer and genuine & funnier!!

She ramped to classic Tess Condescension 11 with Joe's Gran. I half expected her to say "oh look, it's an old person..."

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

I was expecting great things from Gloria Estefan but there was something off about that performance. Think it was the sound. Maybe she should have brought some of her own band or Emilio with her to do the arranging. I know she is in her 60`s now and does`nt do that much touring anymore. The Miami Sound Machine is too big a production to squash into a venue like Blackpool but it was a pity. Should have been as good as Nile Rodgers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I said back in August that I was only *mildly* excited about this year's series... and I'm afraid to say that I'm still only mildly excited. :o:o

I *do* think something has departed from the show with Brendan (though I respect the opposite view, as held by several other Boardsies), and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's at least mildly annoyed that Ashley is getting the highest score almost every week - including a perfect 40 in Blackpool last week and 39 in each of the three weeks beforehand. (Mind you, this could well be reducing her chances of winning - indeed, she's not the favourite to win, as you'll see further down this post. :D) As for those stories about Danny - well, no disrespect whatsoever to anyone who *does* like looking at the Daily Mail and Daily Express sites, but I would never, *ever* believe a single word written in these and other rags (and don't forget, the Mail and Express hate the BBC). :mad: :o

At least Kate has gone, thank heavens (I'm afraid to say that she remains one of my least favourite newscasters), while Swanny's still there despite being in the dance-off three times. :D Lauren's still in the running, too, despite receiving the lowest score in Blackpool - and by continuing beyond this stage, she's actually having a longer run than Jonnie Peacock. :D:) While she probably won't win, I don't think anyone can disagree that a Paralympian lifting the Glitterball Trophy would be a Good Thing... :);)

Anyway, let's now take a look at the bookies' markets:

Paddy Power: Joe 6/4, Stacey 13/8, Ashley 11/2, Charles 10/1, Faye 10/1, Lauren 14/1, Graeme 100/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Joe 6/4, Stacey 7/4, Ashley 6/1, Charles 10/1, Faye 10/1, Lauren 16/1, Graeme 150/1
    William Hill: Joe 6/4, Stacey 6/4, Ashley 11/2, Charles 10/1, Faye 10/1, Lauren 14/1, Graeme 100/1

Well, there you go - Ashley is only third-favourite, and some way behind Joe and Stacey too. :D:D Joe has certainly been getting good scores consistently (though it's no real surprise that he's yet to be the highest scorer for the week, given how much Shirley and Co seem to like Ashley), and I take it that he's proving popular with viewers. ;)

But another thing I said in August was: how much of a push would there be for a female celeb winner? Lest we forget, four of the final five celebs last year were ladies, yet none of them won - meaning that Caroline Flack remains the most recent female celeb to lift the Glitterball Trophy, four years ago now.

I would say that there *is* a pretty big push once again, given Ashley's scores and Joe being the only realistic male contender at this stage (Charles may not be a rank outsider like Swanny, but he too has been in the DO three times). As ever, though, no sexism is intended - and indeed, I don't mind who wins. As long as it's not Ashley, of course. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think we are due a shock bottom two soon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think we are due a shock bottom two soon .

Should Ashley end up in the DO, good luck to the other celeb...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Amazing samba, sure Ashley is like a professional anyway, what’s the point in her being in it?

I did actually thing though, like the judges are saying, it was bit too severe or something but I still liked it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh...Giovanni all suited and booted :o

Faye is just gorgeous to watch

Giovanni looks just....sigh lol

Cannot understand Craig giving a NINE!!! He didn’t say anything negative about that dance and still have a 9...

Thank You

leahyl wrote: »
    Giovanni looks just....sigh lol

Cannot understand Craig giving a NINE!!! He didn’t say anything negative about that dance and still have a 9...

I actually shouted at the tv. She was absolutely stunning...I suppose we'll get to hear why tomorrow night in the judges corner.

I'm slowly starting to get over Ashleys previous ability. I hate when dancers have experience...but sometimes it is really good to watch a really intense routine. Though I will always prefer the 'journey' contestants.

Hated Joe dance . Just not Strictly

• Advertisement

That was very strange....not sure I liked it that much

Overmarked by Shirley and Bruno

That's not fair. How can the judges pass remarks on the public vote when they are so biased.

Charles is way too serious for my liking. You'd swear elimination meant death.

The tango was a tad boring I thought

Well done Stacey that was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rikki2

is Bruno drunk?

That lindyhop was all over the place lol

Omg how embarrassing is this

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rikki2

Oh they made a right mess of that! I think they’re all on the sauce tonight

Think Shirley had a bit of what Bruno had lol

• Advertisement

Claudia :pac:

Advertisement