Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Think Shirley had a bit of what Bruno had lol

Charles and Diane lmao - and then Tess corrects her and she goes “I don’t have the names in front of me”....eh I would imagine you know Karen’s name!!!

leahyl wrote: »
    Charles and Diane lmao - and then Tess corrects her and she goes “I don’t have the names in front of me”....eh I would imagine you know Karen’s name!!!

I wonder what Camilla made of it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Bet Danny's sitting at home saying 'see I told you all it was a fix' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Claudia is a scream !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hated Joe dance . Just not Strictly

I don't get the love for Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I didn’t like Joe’s dance at all tonight, thought it was gimicky and didn’t think the actually dance content was that great. Thought Faye and Stacey did incredibly well, Faye’s dance was just stunning. She was robbed of a 40

Felt bad for Charles tonight, I think he really struggled this week which is a pity as he has had some stonking dances. I think Graeme and Charles in the DO with Graeme to go. Though I think Lauren should be in the DO, but she seems to be popular with the public.

honeybear wrote: »
    I don't get the love for Joe

I dont mind Joe really but I hate street dancing and it just doesn't suit the Strictly feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Hated Joe dance . Just not Strictly

Can’t understand the scoring tonight good nor bad - joe getting 2 tens for that????

My love for Stacey is growing every week despite her insufferable yet talented partner

Aaaaaaaaand Shirley makes a royal **** up of the lindyhop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 rikki2

skearnsot wrote: »
    I didn’t think Ashley’s jive was any better than Faye’s Paso - can’t understand why they didn’t get full house instead of the same mark as Joe. Maybe it’s cos I’m beginning to get irritated by Ashley

The standard was very high last night and I do think it will be Ashley that wins out in the end - sadly

I missed the Blackpool show and only caught up with the 40 score jive this evening. I didn’t like the choreography. It’s a song that has an associated dance routine and not once did they incorporate any of the steps into the dance.
    I would have liked to see them “Bend over and let us see them shake their tail feathers”
    In the original Hairspray film, the John Waters version with Ricky Lake that routine is danced also in the blues brothers. I get what you mean about the skirt nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

On catch up-Faye & Giovanni absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Disappointed in Craig tonight as he only gave Faye a 9. Her waltz was exquisite.

But I was happy he only gave Joe a 7, that dance was terrible. Why Shirley and Bruno gave him tens is incomprehensible. :confused:

Disappointed in Craig tonight as he only gave Faye a 9. Her waltz was exquisite.

But I was happy he only gave Joe a 7, that dance was terrible. Why Shirley and Bruno gave him tens is incomprehensible. :confused:

Because they were both drunk

I predict Lauren and Graeme for dance-off with Lauren to go.

Would love to see Ashley in bottom two. She irritates me.

ncmc wrote: »
    I didn’t like Joe’s dance at all tonight, thought it was gimicky and didn’t think the actually dance content was that great. Thought Faye and Stacey did incredibly well, Faye’s dance was just stunning. She was robbed of a 40

Felt bad for Charles tonight, I think he really struggled this week which is a pity as he has had some stonking dances. I think Graeme and Charles in the DO with Graeme to go. Though I think Lauren should be in the DO, but she seems to be popular with the public.

Charles had poor posture for the tango, pursing his lips throughout the dance with a furrowed brow was irritating. I don’t know why wardrobe dresses him that way, enormous ar** and hunched shoulders. Put a bit of colour in his hair and wear a bloody suit

I’ve sometimes noticed what the contestants wear can seriously influence the public vote.

I predict Lauren and Graeme for dance-off with Lauren to go.

Would love to see Ashley in bottom two. She irritates me.

I think so too , Lauren is lagging behind now and looked very clumpy last night .I liked Ashley on I am a Celebrity but she is irritating me now too.

Faye and Stacey were both fabulous last night I though and I could not understand Craigs need to give her a 9 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Forgot to mention "Kissgate" yesterday.

I don't think Seann Walsh has ever been the most popular comedian in the world - in 2016, he featured in the Beeb's coverage of that year's Boat Races, and made a bit of a tit of himself on that occasion as well:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/bbc-seann-walsh-boat-race-2016-oxford-vs-cambridge-a6956961.html

I guess the Beeb didn't throw him and Katya out of the show there and then because they hadn't actually broken any rules. Either that, or they saw that keeping them on would mean extra publicity.

No doubt, though, that when they *were* eliminated, "good riddance" was the general reaction. ;)

No-one commenting on the opening routine?

Featuring same-sex couples and disabled dancers - and all put together by a certain Arlene Phillips... :D:);)

• Advertisement

HaHAHAHAHA. Unfortunately Graeme is gone!

Ashley won't win this , now its obvious

AJ and Lauren’s reaction was brilliant

No-one commenting on the opening routine?

Featuring same-sex couples and disabled dancers - and all put together by a certain Arlene Phillips... :D:);)

I liked it but wasn't overwhelmed. Its a bit too busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

HaHAHAHAHA. Unfortunately Graeme is gone!

yep would have been safe against Lauren, bit of a kick in the teeth.

Anyone notice Stacey and Kevin walking on hand in hand at the very end?

Fair to say that that DO was only going to have one outcome... but it proves that Ashley is much less popular with the public than she is with the judges. :D:D:D

I reckon she'll still make the final, though. For her not to do so, she'd have to be up against Joe, Stacey or Faye in the DO - and they'd have to pretty much dance their hearts out.

But the fact that she *has* now been in the DO - plus Lauren surviving for at least another week - are enough for my excitement in this year's series to finally increase significantly... :D:);)

Happy4all wrote: »
    yep would have been safe against Lauren, bit of a kick in the teeth.

Would he though? His score wasn't much higher than Lauren's - plus he had survived three DOs already.

I liked it but wasn't overwhelmed. Its a bit too busy

I found it madly weird & like something from a zombie movie in spots - sorry if I offend it’s not my intention by any means

Anyone notice Stacey and Kevin walking on hand in hand at the very end?

They all walked in arm in arm or holding hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I missed the very start of the show, and couldn't figure out what the opening dance was all about at all.

Still not sure, tbh - was it said at the start?

Highlight of last night's show was when the ipad packed up on them for the lindyhop scoring, and they got the scores arseways, putting Ashley last - her face was an absolute picture! (and not a pretty one!)

I'm not a fan, but that said a lot to me about her attitude - the faux humility when she gets huge scores, but knows she's bloody brilliant - I'm gone even further off her now. Don't think she has a hope in the final (which I'm 100% sure she'll get to)

Advertisement