Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rikki2

Lauren Aj not great

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

rikki2 wrote: »
    Lauren Aj not great

they were fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thought that was lovely but the music will let them down . Its not well known

Joe looks like Dusty Springfield

You’d think they’dve found goats. Sheep?

• Advertisement

Wow !' That was brilliant !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow !' That was brilliant !!

Thought so too

Thought so too

40 !!! Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I didn't really like Stacey & Kevin's dance... as a dance...
    (theatrically it was brilliant) but it didn't do it for me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

So Bruno has already gone to the level of giving nothing less than a 9!

Thought Charles and Karen were lovely.

Controversially, I really didn't like Faye and Giovanni tonight. The puppet angle reminded me of that terrible dance Erin and Colin did so long ago.
    Less controversially, I didn't like Joe and Dianne either. Wrong music for a salsa and every move just emphasised his tiny child shoulders & arms.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Bit behind but absolutely loved Stacey and Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I didn't 'get' Charles and Karen's rumba at all. Granted I know feck all about dance :D but it just did nothing for me.
    Absolutely loved Faye and Giovanni's charleston - it was action packed and very clever.
    Really liked Lauren's dance too - she's become so graceful over the weeks. Ballroom really is her forte.
    Watching Joe and Diane now - he's not exactly built for salsa, the creature! Fair play though, he throws himself into it every week.
    Ashley was very good as usual but I barely watch her dances to be honest - I prefer watching the people who are true beginners.
    Edit to add, Stacey and Kevin's dance was gorgeous - the 'story' and the presentation of the dance itself. Fab.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I didn't 'get' Charles and Karen's rumba at all. Granted I know feck all about dance :D but it just did nothing for me.
    Absolutely loved Faye and Giovanni's charleston - it was action packed and very clever.
    Really liked Lauren's dance too - she's become so graceful over the weeks. Ballroom really is her forte.
    Watching Joe and Diane now - he's not exactly built for salsa, the creature! Fair play though, he throws himself into it every week.
    Ashley was very good as usual but I barely watch her dances to be honest - I prefer watching the people who are true beginners.
    Edit to add, Stacey and Kevin's dance was gorgeous - the 'story' and the presentation of the dance itself. Fab.

Exactly how I feel !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Interesting evening.
    Loved Faye's Charleston. It was bloody good!
    Same for Ashley's dance but had to agree with the comment regarding it being too frenetic. Classic Strictly quickstep - run run run run...spin spin spin spin ... run run run run
    Kevin and Stacey... more of Neil and Luba please! It was a nice American Smooth though. Could have been an amazing Viennesse Waltz though :(
    Joe - oh dear. Fair play to him for the lifts but the actual salsa content was dire. Don't get me wrong, it was a great performance but I was cringeing at some of the dance. Still, the judges love him. Can't beat Jason Donovan for being as earnest as possible though. Wow, he's even more earnest than Peter Andre
    Laurens dance was very nice and marked maybe a little too high.
    And then we come to Charles and Karen. Back to proper dancing and it's actually embarrassing that a guy who has never danced before is better at a Rumba than the, and I use this term lightly, "pro". Ballet pumps... for a Rumba. Get off the stage. She was absolutely dire. Thankfully they're bottom of the leaderboard so unless they come up against Lauren in the dance-off, they'll be gone this weekend. Phew.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Interesting evening.
    Loved Faye's Charleston. It was bloody good!
    Same for Ashley's dance but had to agree with the comment regarding it being too frenetic. Classic Strictly quickstep - run run run run...spin spin spin spin ... run run run run
    Kevin and Stacey... more of Neil and Luba please! It was a nice American Smooth though. Could have been an amazing Viennesse Waltz though :(
    Joe - oh dear. Fair play to him for the lifts but the actual salsa content was dire. Don't get me wrong, it was a great performance but I was cringeing at some of the dance. Still, the judges love him. Can't beat Jason Donovan for being as earnest as possible though. Wow, he's even more earnest than Peter Andre
    Laurens dance was very nice and marked maybe a little too high.
    And then we come to Charles and Karen. Back to proper dancing and it's actually embarrassing that a guy who has never danced before is better at a Rumba than the, and I use this term lightly, "pro". Ballet pumps... for a Rumba. Get off the stage. She was absolutely dire. Thankfully they're bottom of the leaderboard so unless they come up against Lauren in the dance-off, they'll be gone this weekend. Phew.

I agree totally, I thought Joe was going for the gay vote. It was more like a Pride event than the musical.
    The music choices were on the obscure end. There’s been no fun in it this season. They’re all a bit too serious. I’ve a feeling Joe is being set up to win it.
    He’ll get a Charleston dance next week and Craig will give him a 10 along with his flock of sheep. Then it’ll be him up against Stacey and win the popular vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I agree totally, I thought Joe was going for the gay vote. It was more like a Pride event than the musical.
    The music choices were on the obscure end. There’s been no fun in it this season. They’re all a bit too serious. I’ve a feeling Joe is being set up to win it.
    He’ll get a Charleston dance next week and Craig will give him a 10 along with his flock of sheep. Then it’ll be him up against Stacey and win the popular vote

Don't forget, were Joe to win it would be the fourth consecutive year in which the winning celeb was male... :o:o;)

Don't forget, were Joe to win it would be the fourth consecutive year in which the winning celeb was male... :o:o;)

I hadn’t realised that, I remember when Lewis won, thinking at the time it wasn’t deserved.

I think the whole Joe Sugg involvement is the start of a major change in direction for the show. The traditional phone voters are now reducing in number, as is the old traditional form of TV entertainment.
    This is all about tapping into the internet/YouTube generation and seeing how that will affect the dynamic of the show. I'll happily admit I never heard of Joe before September but hundreds of thousands of other people have and they watch him every day. Some people may scoff but that's the world we live in now! I'd expect to see a lot more people like this in the competition in future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

But because of that change, I don't see anyone else winning...

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    But because of that change, I don't see anyone else winning...

Unfortunately, I agree completely

• Advertisement

That CHAR LES TON was outstanding. Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I don't know anymore. I think marks are thrown at dancers whether they are deserved or not. I liked the Charleston and the rumba. I don't get the hype with Stacey and Kevin, yes it was dramatic but where was the dance content? Same with Joe( I do like him but the past 2 weeks were not good), Ashleys was again all show, and Lauren should already be gone. Best part of last night was the Mamma Mia routine.

Lauren and Charles for dance-off with Charles to go.

Lauren and Charles for dance-off with Charles to go.

I think Lauren dud enough to get through. Maybe Ashley again? And Charles or Joe?

Stacey never stops talking. Ugh.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Stacey never stops talking. Ugh.

She doesn't! But I like her and she is very supportive of the others .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Hah...very funny having Katya and Neil dancing to this...brilliant :D

Gone right off Katya just can't even like her dancing now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Had to take a second look there..:P

• Advertisement

Thats it , Ashley won't win now

Advertisement