Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

WOWZERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thats it , Ashley won't win now

Proper order too ;) Lauren and AJ's reaction was gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rikki2

Ash. & Pash got thru, did she mess up a good few steps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh he's way too over the top

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What a lovely heartfelt speech from Charles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What a lovely heartfelt speech from Charles

Yep....and what a fake speech by Karen

My guess is Joe might win this , he apparently has a huge following .
    Would love to see Faye or Stacey win I don't think Lauren is strong enough to carry a final with three dances

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Disappointed at that result. Ash & Pash are clearly not popular with the viewers and they weren't a bit pleased to be in the dance-off again.

Very sorry to see Charles and Karen go - I do not get the hatred for her either.

Lauren's never been in the dance-off so she must have a huge vote too.

Still expect Joe to win though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Disappointed at that result. Ash & Pash are clearly not popular with the viewers and they weren't a bit pleased to be in the dance-off again.

Very sorry to see Charles and Karen go - I do not get the hatred for her either.

Lauren's never been in the dance-off so she must have a huge vote too.

Still expect Joe to win though.

I think people just don't like anyone having such a huge headstart . Ashley is a trained dancer and was out of the starting blocks before the others even gathered themselves . People don't mind a bit of a ringer but Ashley is a step too far I guess

I always say wardrobe have a hand in who gets into the bottom 2. In all fairness Charles’s clobber was a tad ordinary
    Joe and Lauren should’ve been in the bottom 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

For me its Faye to win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

She's just not a very accomplished dancer. It's a joke she's on the show in the first place.

Anyway, Ashley was never going to win the show. Both she and Faye are ringers but at least Faye is from the UK so the public votes for her. They were never in a million years going to vote for Ashley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I think Kevin & Stacey have got it goin on...........both on & off the dance floor

And what the actual hell was Tess wearing Saturday night???

skearnsot wrote: »
    I think Kevin & Stacey have got it goin on...........both on & off the dance floor

And what the actual hell was Tess wearing Saturday night???

Stacey's boyfriend was in the audience on a few occasions . Tess looked like a Quality Street wrapper !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It'll be some disaster next week if the Dance-Off is between Ashley/Pasha and either Faye/Giovanni or Stacey/Kevin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think lauren will be in the bottom 2 next week. I dont think the vote she has been getting will be enough to save here.

Lots of talk on Facebook regarding the level of support that Joe has. If the number of followers he has translates into votes no one else has a snowball's chance of winning.

Cateym wrote: »
    Lots of talk on Facebook regarding the level of support that Joe has. If the number of followers he has translates into votes no one else has a snowball's chance of winning.

If that is true then he was a great choice by the producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I watched Joe's dance again last night. My God, the salsa content was laughably bad.

Heroditas wrote: »
    I watched Joe's dance again last night. My God, the salsa content was laughably bad.

the hip wiggling was particularly poor. You need a pair of hips to do that properly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

It'll be some disaster next week if the Dance-Off is between Ashley/Pasha and either Faye/Giovanni or Stacey/Kevin :(

I remember the only time I was ever truly gutted about anyone being eliminated was Austin Healy (bearing in mind I'm no dancer so he may have deserved it, but I thought he was fab). Any how if Faye or Stacey go I imagine I'll be close to that level of gutted.

I remember the only time I was ever truly gutted about anyone being eliminated was Austin Healy (bearing in mind I'm no dancer so he may have deserved it, but I thought he was fab). Any how if Faye or Stacey go I imagine I'll be close to that level of gutted.

Imagine a Faye/Ashley dance off!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Cateym wrote: »
    Imagine a Faye/Ashley dance off!!!!!!

I wouldn’t rule that out! Lauren must have a lot of support to survive this long without being in the DO despite being one of, if not the poorest dancer most weeks. Joe and Stacey seem to have a lot of support, so I think an Ashley/Faye DO is definitely a possibility. As has been said many times, the public don’t like ringers and that’s what they both are (Faye to a lesser extent)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Ringer???

flipsat wrote: »
    Ringer???

People with previous dance experience in a show for beginners. There is no way ashley should be on Strictly. One of her fellow pussycat dolls was a judge on a Sky dance show. That is how much dance experience the people in that group have. I dont see Faye as a ringer though. Have you seen the dance moves that Steps did? Awful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Faye must have stage school experience. She's not the ringer Ashley is or some past entrants. Probably not fair to judge her dance experience what Steps displayed, which was terrible! She has also done musical theatre work since Steps.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Faye must have stage school experience. She's not the ringer Ashley is or some past entrants. Probably not fair to judge her dance experience what Steps displayed, which was terrible! She has also done musical theatre work since Steps.

Probably a bit mean of me to judge her based on commercial work. :D But yeah she did go to stage school so definitely has an advantage over the others and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ashley should never have been cast. She hasn't just got "some dance experience", she's a professional dancer who has been making her living from it since her teens. It actually makes a mockery of the entire show premise.

Yeah, Faye is a stage school kid and was a commercial pop star but I actually don't think you can compare the two of them. Faye has an advantage in that she has a lot of experience on the performance side of things compared to an athlete or whatever. But Ashley has been dancing since the age of three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

To be fair, I don't know the backround to Faye's musical theatre work...but I'd hardly call what she did in steps as dancing. No different to any singer these days learning choreography for a performance.

• Advertisement

By that comment you assume Joe is going to be in the final?
    I keep saying whoever has the best costumes will go through, FACT

Advertisement