Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Alan said on radio2 that he wouldn't have time in 2019 to do Strictly but he would in the future.

What did everyone think of Aston' s jive in the special? It was ok, not worth 40 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    What did everyone think of Aston' s jive in the special? It was ok, not worth 40 though.

I thought it was very flat footed .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Christmas show 40s are not real 40s.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Christmas show 40s are not real 40s.

I agree but Harry Judd's American Smooth in the special was a definite perfect 40.

• Advertisement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6537183/Strictly-star-AJ-Pritchard-beaten-nightclub-brawl.html

AJ and Curtis were attacked and injured by a gang , so sad to read

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

iamwhoiam wrote: »

And Curtis needs emergency surgery because of damage to his knee caused by the attack.
    What a horrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Awful thing to happen.
    Watched the Christmas special with the kids today. Deleted it immediately afterwards. Yet again the judges do all they can to justify why Janette is still in the series. That was not worth 40.
    Caroline in the other hand... amazing yet again.

Funny thing, on the 26th we were at the in-laws for dinner and the kids wanted to watch some Strictly. Unbeknownst to me the FIL had loads of the old series on DVD so he stuck on one of the shows from 2008. Wow, the standard was completely different back then.
    No props, no smoke, full length cameras shots showing the feet.
    Pro dances ... actual Ballroom or Latin dances!
    Darren and Lilya dancing.
    Matthew and Nicole...
    No glitz, just proper dancing.
    The show really is a pale shadow of what it used to be but unfortunately the public demands what we see now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Heroditas wrote: »
    Awful thing to happen.
    Watched the Christmas special with the kids today. Deleted it immediately afterwards. Yet again the judges do all they can to justify why Janette is still in the series. That was not worth 40.
    Caroline in the other hand... amazing yet again.

Funny thing, on the 26th we were at the in-laws for dinner and the kids wanted to watch some Strictly. Unbeknownst to me the FIL had loads of the old series on DVD so he stuck on one of the shows from 2008. Wow, the standard was completely different back then.
    No props, no smoke, full length cameras shots showing the feet.
    Pro dances ... actual Ballroom or Latin dances!
    Darren and Lilya dancing.
    Matthew and Nicole...
    No glitz, just proper dancing.
    The show really is a pale shadow of what it used to be but unfortunately the public demands what we see now.

Janette seems incapable of shutting her friggin mouth when she’s dancing - does me friggin head in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Neil Jones appeared on celebrity mastermind tonight! (Have only just started watching it so no idea how he got on!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm watching too HeidiHeidi! Paused for a phone call, looking forward to his general knowledge round!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Neil Jones appeared on celebrity mastermind tonight! (Have only just started watching it so no idea how he got on!)

He was brutal !!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

He’s one weird person. Have you seen his dance masterclasses on Strictly? Beyond weird.

He’s one weird person. Have you seen his dance masterclasses on Strictly? Beyond weird.

Have you seen his and Katyas wedding video ? Its crazy and weird

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Oti is a judge on a new dance show just started on BBC1.

Oti is a judge on a new dance show just started on BBC1.

God she needs to calm down !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Ah, Simon Cowell's new dance show.

The Beeb calling upon his services - for, I believe, the first time ever - shows just how much they've struggled to fill the hole left by The Voice's departure to ITV.

No real surprise that Cheryl Insert-Surname-Here is involved. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has it been mentioned here before? James Jordan is on Dancing on Ice, having to eat humble pie as a novice pupil - very entertaining! (but he's bloody good which is a bit annoying at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gemma Atkinson and Gorka Marquez are expecting a baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ah that's a pity, he's one of my favourite pro's, he is a wonderful dancer and seems very patient and supportive of his partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh I wonder if this means Neil will get a celeb, I think his choreography is fantastic.
    I think hes actually an assistant choreographer on the show so I wouldn't be suprised if they bring someone new in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I wouldnt be surprised if they took in another "stud" from a foreign country....seems to be the way they go. There's a few newbies taken on since Neil had been there and all got ahead of him.
    Personally I'd like to see him get a partner and Curtis Pritchard to move to strictly.

Oh I wonder if this means Neil will get a celeb, I think his choreography is fantastic.
    I think hes actually an assistant choreographer on the show so I wouldn't be suprised if they bring someone new in.

Neil has too much to lose by being a dancer. His public might see his failings! Leave him to Tatiana.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know he wasn't on this season buy Brendan Cole will be on Today with Maura and Daithi this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Stacey Dooley and her boyfriend of three years have split.

don't tell me that her and kevin didn't at least want to do the rumba during their time on scd ;););););););)

This is even a Strictly curse, unless the Strictly curse means that your career gets busier?

Anyway, I just don't see Kevin and Stacy getting together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Darcey has announced she is stepping down as judge. I’m sorry to hear this, I always liked her on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

ncmc wrote: »
    Darcey has announced she is stepping down as judge. I’m sorry to hear this, I always liked her on it.

I'm not happy

Advertisement