Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Comments

Time for Strictly to slip away quietly. It’s run it’s course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not for me ! I would watch it happily for years to come . It has changed and evolved but I just go with it
    I will miss Darcey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Some names being mentioned as possible replacements. The only ones i can take seriously are Anton and Karen. Not sure who the last one is so she might be an option.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47879983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Might be an opportunity for some of the Irish judges. They auditioned last time around when Len stood down.

Oti was a judge on Britain greatest dancer and her screaching and OTT reaction was really difficult to put up with
    I would hate her as a judge for that reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Oti was a judge on Britain greatest dancer and her screaching and OTT reaction was really difficult to put up with
    I would hate her as a judge for that reason

far too overexcited for strictly. We have Bruno for that anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd like to see Karen pin the judging panel. Although I think I'll be happy so long as it's somebody that knows their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Heroditas wrote: »
    Might be an opportunity for some of the Irish judges. They auditioned last time around when Len stood down.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's still regularly pulling in 10 million viewers. ;)

Though if Ashley was chosen as Darcey's replacement, it would lose at least one... :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Karen wasn't involved in ITT for the past 2 years and they never said why. I doubt she's coming out of the woodwork now to take over.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :eek:

Two of them did, not all of them :)

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Karen wasn't involved in ITT for the past 2 years and they never said why. I doubt she's coming out of the woodwork now to take over.

At one stage Zoe mentioned that Karen was in Australia . Not sure if that was temporarily or if she was working there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sad to see Darcy going

I'd like to see Natalie Lowe on the judging panel, she's seems very composed, has great knowledge, would probably give constructive criticism and would probably have a laugh and join in on some fun without going overboard.

I love the show, I don't think it has run its course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

It would be an absolute joke if Ashley was a judge, she didn’t even win, why on earth would they think she would be a good judge? I’m not a fan of former contestants being judges, they just not have the expertise. The lack of knowledge really showed with Alesha and as fun as Alphonso was, he really didn’t have the in depth knowledge of the other judges. I’d like to see someone who has really earned their stripes get the role.

Of those mentioned in the article, I’d be happy with Karen. I’d also love to see Anton get the nod, I know he’s not to everyone’s taste, but I like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Sad to see Darcy going

I'd like to see Natalie Lowe on the judging panel, she's seems very composed, has great knowledge, would probably give constructive criticism and would probably have a laugh and join in on some fun without going overboard.

I love the show, I don't think it has run its course

Natalie was my favourite female dancer. She would make a great judge.

She was. However, they used many others too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd like to see Natalie Lowe, Karen or Anton. They all have the expertise, and are good strong characters.
    I'd hate to see a former contestant like Ashley - she wasn't popular with the public when she was a contestant, for one thing! I think it's in keeping with the show to have only judges who have years of experience as professional dancers in the styles performed on the show.
    I was surprised to read that Loraine Barry (head judge on the Irish version of the show) supposedly was a front runner when they were searching for a replacement for Len. I'm not Shirley's biggest fan but I feel she's a hundred times better in the role than Loraine is in hers.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd like to see Natalie Lowe, Karen or Anton. They all have the expertise, and are good strong characters.
    I'd hate to see a former contestant like Ashley - she wasn't popular with the public when she was a contestant, for one thing! I think it's in keeping with the show to have only judges who have years of experience as professional dancers in the styles performed on the show.
    I was surprised to read that Loraine Barry (head judge on the Irish version of the show) supposedly was a front runner when they were searching for a replacement for Len. I'm not Shirley's biggest fan but I feel she's a hundred times better in the role than Loraine is in hers.

Loraine has every bit as much pedigree as Shirley when it comes to dancing though. I'm not a huge fan of Shirley. I think she had far too many favourites.
    Regarding having judges with experience in the styles performed in the show, that rules out Darcey, Craig and Bruno!
    I'd like to see someone like Anton or even Brendan but they'll probably look for a female judge. Can't see them hiring Karen. The battle of the egos between her and Shirley would cause ructions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Stacey has really gone down in my estimation after those revelations. Really can’t see what women see in Kevin, three ex wives by the age of 36, ugh. Silly woman, throwing away a five year relationship for a fling with a gurning lothario!

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Stacey has really gone down in my estimation after those revelations. Really can’t see what women see in Kevin, three ex wives by the age of 36, ugh. Silly woman, throwing away a five year relationship for a fling with a gurning lothario!

Kevin has only Two ex wives.

Stacey is an ambitious young lady. Better call it quits now than after marriage and kids.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8005607/strictly-kevin-cliftons-wives-before-karen/amp/

I know the sun isn’t the most reliable source 😂 but the Daily Mail also say he has been married 3 times

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8005607/strictly-kevin-cliftons-wives-before-karen/amp/

I know the sun isn’t the most reliable source 😂 but the Daily Mail also say he has been married 3 times

I’d love to know what they see in him!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Christ no to Karen Hardy her ott attitude isn't what the panel needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Mail's no more reliable than the Sun... and they hate the BBC, don't forget. :o :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

The Mail's no more reliable than the Sun... and they hate the BBC, don't forget. :o :rolleyes: ;)

Wikipedia state he was married 3 times also - it quite sure what Wikipedia think of bbc however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Saw that. Am only vaguely aware of who he is. Presumably Zoe wants to cut her days on it, as she certainly doesn't NEED a co-presenter.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Saw that. Am only vaguely aware of who he is. Presumably Zoe wants to cut her days on it, as she certainly doesn't NEED a co-presenter.

Is he not just taking over from Gethin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think ITT is going bigger, hence the need for two hosts. Also, Zoe has the breakfast show now so probably the responsibilities will be split up now. I definitely think Gethin and Ian will be still needed. Especially Ian.

Anyone else fed up of the Kevin Clifton news every day? His show must need the publicity.

Advertisement