Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I love Staceys enthusiasm !

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I think she'll go far.

I want Katie to be good but she isn't a dancer and very stompy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Fabulous Jive from Lee!
    Really enjoyed that

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I want Katie to be good but she isn't a dancer and very stompy

She was devastated waiting for the scores. Her eyes were full of tears. I felt sorry for her.

• Advertisement

Cateym wrote: »
    She was devastated waiting for the scores. Her eyes were full of tears. I felt sorry for her.

Me too . And I haven't seen her since either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ooooh that Viennese waltz was seriously sexy!

Ooooh that Viennese waltz was seriously sexy!

Gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Darcy "I Know Core" Bussell

Ashleys Mum looks like Kimberley Wyatt !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Didn't Katie's attacker get released from prison this week? I think she's very inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The first couple in the dance off were not who I expected at all!

Fair result though.

Love movie week so Im all excited for next Saturday.I'm hoping the Harry Potter group dance is good

Fair result . Now Game On !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Anto Comedy act run its course

Was Anton saying his goodbyes? Blowing kisses to the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Anton is such a nice guy I really like him and hold in deep regard. He seems like a very decent person. If it is the last we are to see of him I wish him the very best of luck in whatever he decides to do. If Brett Kavanagh doesn't get the go ahead next week after the F.B.I. investigation I really hope Anton is considered for the appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Anton is such a nice guy I really like him and hold in deep regard. He seems like a very decent person. If it is the last we are to see of him I wish him the very best of luck in whatever he decides to do. If Brett Kavanagh doesn't get the go ahead next week after the F.B.I. investigation I really hope Anton is considered for the appointment.

He really & truly wrecks my buzz - his face alone sets my teeth on edge

skearnsot wrote: »

Me too . Can't watch him and his latin is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Me too . Can't watch him and his latin is woeful

Yes his Latin is woeful.
    But I just can't help but like him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Very surprising that Lee was in the dance-off but the right first person went.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Kavanagh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I cant take to her at all personality wise....and her dancing isnt great...very loose or something

368100 wrote: »
    I cant take to her at all personality wise....and her dancing isnt great...very loose or something

I have seen quite a few of her documentary / interviews and warmed to her before Strictly . It does take a while to warm to her ! I agree her feet are a bit like a new born colt at times but I like the effort and enthusiasm she puts in

skearnsot wrote: »

He comes over as a very professional and exceptionally dedicated individual. If he does decide to leave he'll leave a hole behind him that'll be hard to fill. His joyous and smiling lighthearted approach was genuine and not a false facade as you see with most of the other professional dancers, male and female on the show. I like him, he shares his vocation with joy. if he goes he'll be missed.

Kavanagh ?

That was an attempt at a joke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Anton has had to come out and officially say he's not leaving Strictly, in fact he says he'll never leave whether they like it or not. I do think his agent/management need a serious conversation with the producers before he signs up for another year. They take him for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Anton can feel hard done by with the partners he has been given. How he managed to drag Ann Widdicombe to 6th i'll never know. Pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

So who are your favourites so far? I really like Charles, think he could be one to watch. I think it’s such a pity he has been paired with Karen, she is the poorest of the pros. Last week her choreography was terrible and this week she made a mistake. Plus she isn’t popular so she could really jepordise his chances. I would have loved to see him paired with Katya or Oti, now that would could have been something special. I am also very impressed with Danny, my god his energy levels are incredible for a man of any age never mind one in his 50’s! But it has to be remembered that he is a former dancer. For all the talk on social media about Faye and Ashley, that one has slipped under the radar a bit! Joe is also good, but his dancing is a bit manic/frenetic, it will be interesting to see how he does with ballroom. I have to say I like Graham too, I thought the comments were a little unfair on Saturday. Obviously Faye and Ashley are excellent, but I’m turned off them by their huge amount of dance experience.

Glad to see Susannah go home first, I like Anton, but she is one of the poorest dancers we’ve seen in a long time. During their waltz, it looked like Anton was trying to manoeuvre his drunk auntie out of a wedding! She really was terrible and her pro hunt past wouldn’t have helped her. Will be interesting to see who goes next as overall the standard is pretty good, maybe Shawn? He and Stacey were next worst after Susannah, and I think he would be less well known than Stacey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just catching up on Saturday's show now.....

Poor Susannah.... but does anyone else just go " oh f*** OFF Anton" every time he opens his mouth? I'm so past him at this stage, I really hope he rides off into the sunset when they get voted off this week (well, that's my assumption anyway)

That vlogger youngfella - OMG! But... two fast jumpy dances in a row? Be verrrrry interesting to see him trying foxtrot......

Loved the news lady, she might break the mould of all those disaaaahsters from recent years.

Just watched the viennese waltz - I'm FF'ing through all the in between fluff stuff, so missed the introduction - I actually thought it was some new tango/waltz/american smooth amalgamation! I'd have been a long time guessing VW to be honest! Gonna have to watch it back again after.

Karen Clifton as annoying as ever. Her reaction when one of the judges said "someone went wrong, who was it?" would lead me to believe it was 100% her (even though Craig called him on it) - complete denial going on there. Not terribly constructive for her partner.

Danny John Jules - jeepers, for a man of nearly 60, that man can MOVE!!!

The VW is as far as I've got so far, but anyone else think that Craig is being spectacularly unhelpful/unconstructive in his comments tonight? They all seem to be just useless one-liners - "that was gawwwwwwjus dahling" - not a bit of advice/constructive criticism so far as far as I can see.

Advertisement