Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temp WiFi for outdoor event

• 05-04-2018 7:39pm
    Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone give me pointers as to how to go about organising temp WiFi for an out door music event for teenagers.

Imagine about 1000 teenagers trying to upload pics at the same time.

Pm me with suggestions of companies please, or anyone got an idea of typical costs involved?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In an area with decent 3 4G? €20, weatherproof box, €80 router and €100-200 AP set would be the low cost setup that'd give you a basic setup. Wouldn't be superfast but no temporary setup is likely to be. Too small for COWs (cells on wheels).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks Ed.

I've had a company onto me so hopefully I'll get sorted.

Advertisement