Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber installation

Options
  • 05-04-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, installer told me they can only run 1 metre of fiber into the house via drilling. I've a comms box 4m away with spare conduit to run the cable. Is 1m a hard rule?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi, installer told me they can only run 1 metre of fiber into the house via drilling. I've a comms box 4m away with spare conduit to run the cable. Is 1m a hard rule?
    Thanks
    Hi bennybreezer ,

Thank you for contacting us here.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to this information through this channel.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bennybreezer

Thanks
    Hi bennybreezer ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Eir won't do this for you.... encase anyone else is wondering. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks
    Hi bennybreezer ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Eir won't do this for you.... encase anyone else is wondering. 
    I'm afraid we can only run 1 metre into a house. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

You can use cat5 cat6 cable from the connection to modem.
    1m is a hard rule it's to do with regulations. In the event of a house fire it's deemed that more than 1m of black insulation will contribute to toxic smoke inhalation 
    It's for reasons of fire code and insurance. 
    White poly for internal
    Black for external

Advertisement