Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours ruined sale of site

Options
  • 06-04-2018 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

I’ll try cut a very long story short but my husband is estranged from his parents for very serious reasons. Anyway he was selling a site next to their house. They can’t even view into it with the size of their hedge and it’s on a cul de sac etc. It’s perfect. We got a buyer and they were excited to apply. However my husbands father had threatened him when he put it for sale that he would be objecting to the house build etc and he didn’t want a house on the site next to him. Nice man...
    So the couple informed us that they were pulling out of the site as they had been approached by his parents while they were out viewing the site recently. My husbands parents told the couple that they were going to object to their house and there was a dispute between us and god knows what else but the big issue is is that they told the couple that there was a “problem with the land” basically insinuating that it is not legally ours or whatever. This is nonsense. I just wonder if anyone has any experience of this type of thing and legally what we can do about the neighbours/ parents. I’m waiting to hear back from our solicitor. It feels like they are waging a campaign to destroy us like they said they would. (They have been covering up for the man who abused my husband as a child. Hence the dispute and the file is with the authorities just recently)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Next time you and your husband pass a travellers halting site..call in and ask them would they like to park their caravans on a nice quite block of land:)

Your father in law will love his “new” neighbours then

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thread closed.
    OP- it is against Boards rules to post identical threads in multiple forums- please don't do it in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement