Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new gaming pc.

Options
  • 06-04-2018 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

1. What is your budget? €1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. Also I’m an animation student so need it for Maya,zbrush.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes (could buy a copy if suggested)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Depends on weather that’s advised. (Not sure if it’s recommended sorry).

5. Do you need a monitor? If possible.
    6. Do you need any of the peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If I learned
    8. How can you pay? Cash,card,
    9. When am I buying? ASAP

Would like Nvidia and Intel.
    Would like something upgradable for future.

Thanks guys for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

4ntimatter wrote: »
    1. What is your budget? 800 could stretch to 1000 if necessary.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. Also I’m an animation student so need it for Maya,zbrush.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes (could buy a copy if suggested)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Depends on weather that’s advised. (Not sure if it’s recommended sorry).

5. Do you need a monitor? If possible.
    6. Do you need any of the peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If I learned
    8. How can you pay? Cash,card,
    9. When am I buying? ASAP

Would like Nvidia and Intel.
    Would like something upgradable for future.

Thanks guys for any advice.

If your doing gaming and any kind of productivity as well, you should really consider Ryzen, unless you have money to burn. You can get a Ryzen 1600 with 6 cores, 12 threads, a decent stock cooler and the ability to overclock for a lot less then the cheapest K model (needed for overclocking on Intel) i5 with only 4 cores 4 threads and a useless stock cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4ntimatter

Thanks for the advice John. I noticed in here reading the threads the Razen seems well spoken of. The only thing that made me want an Intel was that I’m not sure if I could upgrade my gfx card in the future. Also some YTuber build your own pc tutorial bloke mentioned they’ve more issues and problems. He didn’t specify. But you guys may know better. I mean more cores and threads the better. (Also I set my budget up to €1,000. if I have to go a little over it’s ok) I’d prefer to buy a prebuilt machine if it’s advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

800 for a gaming pc, a monitor, and a genuine copy of Windows is going to be a pinch. Would you consider buying used components? Also, whether you go Intel or Amd, won’t have any bearing on gfx card upgradeability.

Cheers Inviere. Yeah I edited that post sorry. And changed budget €1,000 or a little over. And don’t need monitor etc. But would need windows 10 of some kind. And I’m sure a pre built machine would suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Here's a build i threw together for a little over 1000. This is about as good as you're going to get unless you an find a pre build deal cheaper with similar specs.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£139.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard (£69.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£169.29 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£51.60 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£47.94 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB AORUS Xtreme Edition Video Card (£301.82 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£58.90 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £887.52
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-06 17:57 BST+0100

I'd add a nice 27" 60hz 2560x1440 monitor to that. That extra screen real estate and resolution makes a world of difference for design work. If you want the higher frame rates in games then go with a 75-144hz 1080p 24" screen and add a second one for work.

All of those items are on Amazon as well for similar prices and free delivery.

• Advertisement

Hey blood. Thanks for that post. I’ll definitely consider it.

Hey guys would it be allowed to post a link to a site, to get your opinion on the build?

Just wondering what you guys think of this build for €1,000ish

Spec. :

Motherboard:
    GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2 (support max 32GB)

Cpu:
    Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Processor, quad core, 8 of threads, 4 x 4.5GHz turbo, (4 x 4.2GHz base) with upHere Premium Quality Quiet Red Led CPU Cooler

Memory:
    8GB DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2133MHz

(Replacing GTX1060 6GB instead of the one below)

Graphics: KFA2 GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC GDDR5, Simultaneous Multi-Projection, NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC, NVIDIA GameStream, NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0, Vulkan API, Microsoft DirectX12

Storage:
    SSD - 240GB Intel 520 Series for OS
    HDD - 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK for DATA

Connection :
    1 x PS/2 mouse port
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard port
    1 x parallel port
    1 x serial port
    1 x D-Sub port
    3 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
    4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
    1 x RJ-45 port
    3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
    1 x Card Reader
    1 x DVI
    1 x HDMI
    1 x DISPLAYPORT

Optical drive:
    None

PSU:
    450W CORSAIR CX450M

Win 10 PRO 64bit (fresh)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Lenovo have a Ryzen 5 1400 and RX560 4Gb on their website for €570 if thats any good

Lenovo have a Ryzen 5 1400 and RX560 4Gb on their website for €570 if thats any good

Thanks a mill Gerry, I wouldn’t know which would be better for sure, Tbh. But I plan on buying this pre built one as I’m not a rig builder or anything. But it seems to have the most obvious things I want. But I was wondering if you guys noticed if something like the mobo doesn’t really suit the processor or something I wouldn’t realise, or is it a rig I could upgrade some what in the future. (Not like blade runner future) just future ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

4ntimatter wrote: »
    Just wondering what you guys think of this build for €1,000ish

Spec. :

Motherboard:
    GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2 (support max 32GB)

Cpu:
    Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Processor, quad core, 8 of threads, 4 x 4.5GHz turbo, (4 x 4.2GHz base) with upHere Premium Quality Quiet Red Led CPU Cooler

Memory:
    8GB DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2133MHz

(Replacing GTX1060 6GB instead of the one below)

Graphics: KFA2 GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC GDDR5, Simultaneous Multi-Projection, NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC, NVIDIA GameStream, NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0, Vulkan API, Microsoft DirectX12

Storage:
    SSD - 240GB Intel 520 Series for OS
    HDD - 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK for DATA

Connection :
    1 x PS/2 mouse port
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard port
    1 x parallel port
    1 x serial port
    1 x D-Sub port
    3 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
    4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
    1 x RJ-45 port
    3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
    1 x Card Reader
    1 x DVI
    1 x HDMI
    1 x DISPLAYPORT

Optical drive:
    None

PSU:
    450W CORSAIR CX450M

Win 10 PRO 64bit (fresh)
    Totally unbalanced build.

That's a high-end 7700K on a cheap-ass H110 board, paired with a low-tier 1050 Ti.
    Additionally, that's less RAM & drive space than you should be getting for the money.
    AVOID.

You want a system with one of these CPUs:
    AMD Ryzen 1400/1500x/1600 // Intel i5-7500, i3-8100, i5-8400

And GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX570/580

Advertisement