Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 weeks, 5 SIM cards for recent widow

Options
  • 06-04-2018 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi eir,
    My father in law passed away late last year, and having had all of the land line, broadband and mobile lines in his name, my mother in law has been trying to get these changed over to her name as to keep continuity.

As you can imagine it's still quite raw having to explain to people that her husband has passed away, but it seems she's been getting quite poor service in trying to get all the lines moved across. Some particularly insensitive examples include Niteline delivering a new broadband router in her husbands name - stating that they need proof of id of the named recipient to complete delivery, and agents in eir stores similarly asking for the account holder (passed husband) to be present in store.

For the best part of 4 weeks she was left isolated with no land line, no broadband and given temporary mobile numbers. For a recent widow, already alone, this made it extremely isolating at a very difficult time. The landline and broadband have only just been re-enabled last week.

Her eir mobile account is still not completed. She is now on her 5th new SIM card, and 2nd temporary number, constantly being told her original number will be re-enabled in the next 24-48hrs, but yet 5 weeks later nothing has been fixed. She goes from agent to agent on customer service, and is in and out of the nearest eir store (40km return trip) multiple times per week. Nothing but really poor service, and the hardship of having to tell yet another stranger that her husband has passed away.

The family are not interested in complaining or shouting, they just want to give their mother back her original phone number so she can talk to her friends and family.

What can we do to help escalate this issue in the most efficient way possible to get this service restored?

Regards,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Eir, I read so many of these accounts of your shocking customer service here, but this one is really stunning. It's truly shameful that people have to make a public appeal to get stuff like this sorted. 

Tom, sorry to hop in on your thread, but I felt a comment was appropriate. I hope this gets resolved for your mother in law quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

thos wrote: »
    Hi eir,
    My father in law passed away late last year, and having had all of the land line, broadband and mobile lines in his name, my mother in law has been trying to get these changed over to her name as to keep continuity.

As you can imagine it's still quite raw having to explain to people that her husband has passed away, but it seems she's been getting quite poor service in trying to get all the lines moved across. Some particularly insensitive examples include Niteline delivering a new broadband router in her husbands name - stating that they need proof of id of the named recipient to complete delivery, and agents in eir stores similarly asking for the account holder (passed husband) to be present in store.

For the best part of 4 weeks she was left isolated with no land line, no broadband and given temporary mobile numbers. For a recent widow, already alone, this made it extremely isolating at a very difficult time. The landline and broadband have only just been re-enabled last week.

Her eir mobile account is still not completed. She is now on her 5th new SIM card, and 2nd temporary number, constantly being told her original number will be re-enabled in the next 24-48hrs, but yet 5 weeks later nothing has been fixed. She goes from agent to agent on customer service, and is in and out of the nearest eir store (40km return trip) multiple times per week. Nothing but really poor service, and the hardship of having to tell yet another stranger that her husband has passed away.

The family are not interested in complaining or shouting, they just want to give their mother back her original phone number so she can talk to her friends and family.

What can we do to help escalate this issue in the most efficient way possible to get this service restored?

Regards,
    Tom
    Hi thos ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you and your mother have been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me the full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you and seek a resolution.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

thos wrote: »
    PM sent.
    I have received your PM and I will reply shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement