Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Broadband

Options
  • 06-04-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.

I live in a rural area with very little broadband coverage. The max speed on our line is 8mbps but we average 3mbps.

I had been regularly checking the Eir website for Rural Broadband rollout and it stated it would be in our area during the first half of 2018.

With the news that Eir had pulled out of the Rural Broadband rollout, I have two questions.

1. Is Eir still committed to finishing current installations.
    2. The website still states that we are due to get Rural Broadband during the first half of 2018 and the map was last updated 23/03/18. Is this still the case. Our eircode is A82P402.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

foseco wrote: »
    Hi.

I live in a rural area with very little broadband coverage. The max speed on our line is 8mbps but we average 3mbps.

I had been regularly checking the Eir website for Rural Broadband rollout and it stated it would be in our area during the first half of 2018.

With the news that Eir had pulled out of the Rural Broadband rollout, I have two questions.

1. Is Eir still committed to finishing current installations.
    2. The website still states that we are due to get Rural Broadband during the first half of 2018 and the map was last updated 23/03/18. Is this still the case. Our eircode is A82P402.

Thanks
    Hi foseco ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303 to explore all options available to yourself.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement