Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warned for soapboxing remark

Options
  • 06-04-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm disputing this warning, I've been infracted several times now due to another user soapboxing and me challenging them on it.

I have been told that challenging/accusing/remarking about soapboxing is against forum charters/rules - I have not found any rule or suggestion in any forum charter or rule to support this, when I queried this I was met with an "it's common sense" kind of thing response. I don't feel it's fair to warn someone for an unwritten "rule", whilst someone who's actually breaking a rule is free to do as they please. I've already disputed this with the mod in question and have made no headway.

Turtwig wrote:
    Dear robarmstrong,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Turtwig

Moderator Note

Again, leave the personal remarks out. Don't accuse a poster in thread of soap boxing.
    Also, even though you may have censored it swear words are prohibited here. I'm.taking it on.good faith that you weren't actually saying sh1t

Your post:
    You were never going to vote to repeal, regardless of what you say. Do you even repeat what you say out loud?

You're seriously voting no just because it doesn't suit you to vote yes, plain and simple. You can dress it up as much as you want, but you're voting to deny a woman a right to have a medical procedure performed on you just because the grounds of it doesn't suit you.

You can carry on all you want with this but it's out and out nimbyism as well with some of the soapboxing crap you've spouted, you're grand with abortion to some content it just has to suit you.

So let me put it very, very simply so it can sink in.

You are not being forced to continue an unwanted pregnancy.
    You are not being forced to leave your own country to seek something that should be readily available to you ON REQUEST but isn't due to oppressive laws and their interpretations.
    You are not being shamed and vilified by others for seeking this abortion (the very same others who don't give a toss about the baby once it's born).
    You are voting no because it doesn't suit you, without giving a toss about the following above.

Abortion doesn't suit me either pal, but I sure as sh.. am not having my daughter fly across the pond to seek one should she ever need one, regardless of whether or not the proposals suit me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I'll take a look at this, robarmstrong.

If you have not already done so, you might post up all relevant PMs on this thread, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I'm not arsed following through with this.

It's quite clear it'll go through the same route and dudara will throw in another copy and paste hatchet without actually bothering their hole to actually read through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For your information Rob, I have read your DRPs. I am aware of the situation you describe. Unfortunately though, you continue to challenge on thread rather than using the channels available to you.

Thread closed as OP will not be proceeding with the DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

dudara wrote: »
    For your information Rob, I have read your DRPs. I am aware of the situation you describe. Unfortunately though, you continue to challenge on thread rather than using the channels available to you.

Thread closed as OP will not be proceeding with the DRP.

There's been no actions from using the channels available to me, the poster continues to utilize that particular style and is continuously either warned or threadbanned about it but doesn't receive an infraction, yet those who challenge them about it do get infractions.

That makes lots of sense that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's been no actions from using the channels available to me, the poster continues to utilize that particular style and is continuously either warned or threadbanned about it but doesn't receive an infraction, yet those who challenge them about it do get infractions.

That makes lots of sense that does.

That is utterly irrevelant to your DRP. Please continue to report the poster, or contact the mods/CMods. But do not engage in back seat moderation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement