Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink XT / netgear arlo or ring stick up

• 06-04-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

i have a ring pro which i am pretty happy with, looking to add a wireless camera along our side passage and one at the back of the house looking at the garden (we have a motion activated floodlight also so will help in low light i guess)

ideally not looking to spend a fortune in annual subs and just want something that will catch any motion.

what would be best in this scenario?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't think either Blink or Arlo require subs. Arlo I think gives you 7 days free cloud storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

I have arlo. Works very well, but make sure camera is reasonably accessible so you can change the batteries easily. Haven't got any subscription and it records 10 second clips to the cloud when activated. Takes a few seconds to start recording so often just get people leaving rather than arriving, but this is also due to the camera angle as i have it up high over the front door so it is not recording the neighbors. Batteries last about 4 to 6 months depending on how often you live view or it is activated. User app is very easy to use, though deleting recordings could be a bit easier. Very handy for seeing when the postman has been! All in, I am happy with it and would recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oinkely wrote: »
    I have arlo. Works very well, but make sure camera is reasonably accessible so you can change the batteries easily. Haven't got any subscription and it records 10 second clips to the cloud when activated. Takes a few seconds to start recording so often just get people leaving rather than arriving, but this is also due to the camera angle as i have it up high over the front door so it is not recording the neighbors. Batteries last about 4 to 6 months depending on how often you live view or it is activated. User app is very easy to use, though deleting recordings could be a bit easier. Very handy for seeing when the postman has been! All in, I am happy with it and would recommend it.

thanks im going with arlo pro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Another option that I'm keeping an eye on hoping the price drops further is the Reolink Argus 2. I already have a couple of there poe cameras which I find to be very good. Image quality is great, easy setup, and app easy to use. Will email a 30sec clip as well as send an alert to phone and no annual fee.

Advertisement