Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occasional SIM/keep no

• 06-04-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going abroad for work for an indefinite period of time, 1yr+. I'd like to keep my Irish mobile no. What would be the best SIM to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Bumping this as I'm in a similiar situation to the OP, moving overseas for 18mths and would like to keep my number. What's the cheapest plan/payg/sim only deal I can go with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks to a post further down the page, it looks like a 30day sim with Tesco for €10 may be the best option

http://moolamonkey.com/network/tesco-mobile/30-day-sim-e10/

Edit, actually there's a tesco sim for €7.50 and it appears you can top it up by €5 every 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you only need to keep a number active without any usage then Vodafone is probably the best choice. Top up by 5 euro every 6 months. Eir requires 5 euro every 5 months. IMO the rest of the providers aren't definitive enough to be relied on to keep a specific number active if the phone may occasionally be switched on abroad.

Advertisement