Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC How to exclude PIR

Options
  • 06-04-2018 2:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking after the house and dog of a family member. I have the alarm entry and exit code. However there are times that I would like to be able to leave the dog there for a few hours.
    How do I exclude the PIR? Does the home alone feature achieve this?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try 0#8 and see if that gives you an exit time.
    If not, does entering the user code allow you access to the user menu?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

KoolKid wrote: »
    Try 0#8 and see if that gives you an exit time.
    If not, does entering the user code allow you access to the user menu?
    At the moment entering the user code (on exit) instantly puts the alarm into countdown mode.

What I want to avoid is setting it off and having them receive a text that might give them cause to worry. I know I could send them a personal text to reassure them, but I wanted to avoid all of that.

When the instructions (on the cover) say "press 0 * 7" does that mean that I do exactly that and then input the set code and that's it set in home alone mode?

I will try 0#8 tomorrow to see what it does. It wont set it off though?

Do you know what home alone means or could it mean different things, depending on how it was setup?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally 0#7 is a part set that leaves the motion sensor off.
    Sometimes 0#8 does the same with an exit time.
    Unfortunately your user code is not set up to access the menu which allows inhibit individual zones.
    Is it possible to leave the dog in without him having access to the area covered by the PIR?

Generally 0#7 is a part set that leaves the motion sensor off.
    Sometimes 0#8 does the same with an exit time.
    Unfortunately your user code is not set up to access the menu which allows inhibit individual zones.
    Is it possible to leave the dog in without him having access to the area covered by the PIR?

It would mean moving his bed, food and water. He is used to having the run of the house.

You say my user code doesn’t allow me access to the menu, does it allow me access to the home alone setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is there anyway you can establish what zone the PIR is on?
    Is there a manual there anywhere?

If that can be found then it is quite simple to inhibit the PIR while you are setting the system.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Is there anyway you can establish what zone the PIR is on?
    Is there a manual there anywhere?

If that can be found then it is quite simple to inhibit the PIR while you are setting the system.
    I must look through my texts. I get notified of alarms, though I don’t think any of them were pir. I will see if there is anything in the drawers when I’m back there in a couple of days.

Wearb wrote: »
    I must look through my texts. I get notified of alarms, though I don’t think any of them were pir. I will see if there is anything in the drawers when I’m back there in a couple of days.

Just checked. All Text’s were Mains Fit, related to power cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Does the keypad not display the zone number and name when the zone is triggered/open? e.g. Z6 PIR or similar? Have someone stand infront of the PIR and watch the keypad for the zone number then to set the alarm without the zone key 0#4*'Zone Number' then press Yes

tnegun wrote: »
    Does the keypad not display the zone number and name when the zone is triggered/open? e.g. Z6 PIR or similar? Have someone stand infront of the PIR and watch the keypad for the zone number then to set the alarm without the zone key 0#4*'Zone Number' then press Yes
    I will try that. I never noticed if the panel displayed activation info when alarm off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you do a wall test it should tell you.

Then it's your code + it will say System Arming + * + Zone + YES

• Advertisement

The user code is not giving him access to the menu to do a walk test.
    Watching the screen for open zones would be the easiest option.

Mr. G wrote: »
    If you do a wall test it should tell you.

Then it's your code + it will say System Arming + * + Zone + YES

Thanks. I will see if just activating the pir with alarm off causes display to identify it. If not I will do walk test.

Thanks. I didn’t see your reply before replying to mr.g

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

What's the code to Part Set the alarm from the panel? I do it from the app every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Part Set A 0#7
    Part Set B 0#8

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

tnegun wrote: »
    Part Set A 0#7
    Part Set B 0#8

Thanks and sorry - after trying it few times I realised that I have Siemens!

Was there today, but on my own and couldn't check the pir. I did watch the panel while I opened the front door. nothing changes on it. Does that tell any of you anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Why not just full set the alarm...and then walk in front of the PIR....the alarm will go off and you will be able to see which zone number was activated.
    Then, when setting the alarm with the dog in the house, type

0#4*7 Yes (where 7 is the number of the zone for the PIR)

fletch wrote: »
    Why not just full set the alarm...and then walk in front of the PIR....the alarm will go off and you will be able to see which zone number was activated.

I don’t want them being texted that there’s a problem.

I suppose the the home alone feature doesn’t all you to exit without setting it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Wearb wrote: »
    I don’t want them being texted that there’s a problem.

I suppose the the home alone feature doesn’t all you to exit without setting it off?
    My experience with the text dialler is that if you are quick enough to disable the alarm, it doesn't trigger a text.

• Advertisement

My experience with the text dialler is that if you are quick enough to disable the alarm, it doesn't trigger a text.

They came home today and I mentioned my predicament, so we set it off and discovered the the zone number. btw the text message was instant and despite standing beside the panel and turning it off instantly, the texts were sent.

Thank you all for your help and I now know how to set it without pir for the future.

In the above scenario, it would be less buttons pressed.
    It was 0, alarm set number, *7, yes

Advertisement