Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to improve by 60-80 points?

Options
  • 06-04-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure how accurate some of the mock papers are marked, so I think I got somewhere in the range of 320-350 points. I'm hoping to get at least 380 points in the actual Leaving Cert to be in a comfortable position regarding the points I'd need for the course I want, but I'm starting to get extremely worried and anxious that there isn't enough time left.

I haven't done a whole lot of study for the main exams in the past month since the mocks. I have mostly been working for the projects and the oral exams, and my study before the mocks had been inconsistent. Today I've decided to seriously prepare and plan for the exams by compiling a list of key topics/areas to focus on and by tackling exam papers.

As of today there is just about two months left to the exams - is it too late to start seriously studying for the exam and is it a realistic goal to try and improve by 60-80 points by then?

Any help and information would be very much appreciated. Thank you for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes of course you can improve.

Plan your study/revision piece by piece, topic by topic, rather than a haphazard smattering of all sorts of bits.
    Clarify any bits you are not quite clear on with your teacher(s).

Well done maximising what marks you can get from the projects and orals.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

If you got 320-350 in the mocks then 380 is an achievable target.. It was a few years back but i think i went up by nearly 100 points from mocks to the real exams. Mocks are generally marked a bit harder than the real thing (i went from a C to an A in higher level English as an example). 2 months leaves you a good chunk of time to get prepared, just make sure you put a set amount of time each night to study
    Past exam papers & revision books are your best friend in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Foraoise

spurious wrote: »
    Yes of course you can improve.

Plan your study/revision piece by piece, topic by topic, rather than a haphazard smattering of all sorts of bits.
    Clarify any bits you are not quite clear on with your teacher(s).

Well done maximising what marks you can get from the projects and orals.
    If you got 320-350 in the mocks then 380 is an achievable target.. It was a few years back but i think i went up by nearly 100 points from mocks to the real exams. Mocks are generally marked a bit higher than the real thing (i went from a C to an A in higher level English as an example). 2 months leaves you a good chunk of time to get prepared, just make sure you put a set amount of time each night to study
    Past exam papers & revision books are your best friend in my opinion!
    Thank you both so much for the advice!

Advertisement