Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance Query

Options
  • 06-04-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum.

We have an issue with a sewage pipe out the back garden that is faulty, as a result company will have to plant new pipe. To do this we will have to dig up a section of the paving, its nicely paved and obviously this will be a cost to dig up and put back down.

I reckon I'll be looking at 2k for the pipe and fitting and roughly the same for paving to get up and down.

Would this be covered under home insurance. We're with Aviva.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paving? As in the council owned pavement outside? Your going to have to pay the council for that privilege and wait for them to come out and do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum.

We have an issue with a sewage pipe out the back garden that is faulty, as a result company will have to plant new pipe. To do this we will have to dig up a section of the paving, its nicely paved and obviously this will be a cost to dig up and put back down.

I reckon I'll be looking at 2k for the pipe and fitting and roughly the same for paving to get up and down.

Would this be covered under home insurance. We're with Aviva.

Your need to talk to an insurance assessor (not a loss adjuster) they will advise you if you can claim. What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Paving? As in the council owned pavement outside? Your going to have to pay the council for that privilege and wait for them to come out and do it.

He did say it was in the back garden, so I'd assume it's his own yard paving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What is the cause of the problem? What does it say in your policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Your premium will be loaded far in excess of what you intend to claim for in coming years. House insurance should be looked at as a failsafe for exceptional loss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement