Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: New Orleans 7-4-18

Options
  • 06-04-2018 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

NXT-Takeover-New-Orleans-logo.jpg

As is now long established tradition before main roster PPV's and it also goes head to head with Ring Of Honor's Supercard Of Honor XII.
    NXT Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match:
    The Undisputed Era (c) vs. the Authors Of Pain vs. Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne

NXT North American Championship Ladder Match:
    EC3 vs. Adam Cole vs. Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dain

Unsanctioned Match:
    Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Women’s Championship Match:
    Ember Moon (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT Championship Match:
    Andrade “Cien” Almas (c) vs. Aleister Black

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think this is the first Takeover in a while where I see a card and I'm looking forward to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m away tomorrow night so won’t get seeing any of this. Will do my best to avoid spoilers until I can get to see it on Sunday. It’ll be a nice warm up to Mania hopefully.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’m away tomorrow night so won’t get seeing any of this. Will do my best to avoid spoilers until I can get to see it on Sunday. It’ll be a nice warm up to Mania hopefully.

That’s my plan. Going to start at 8 and right through to Mania until what 4.30am. Needless to say I’ll be posting here lots to pass the dull segments!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s my plan. Going to start at 8 and right through to Mania until what 4.30am. Needless to say I’ll be posting here lots to pass the dull segments!

And gifs, don't forget the gifs..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And gifs, don't forget the gifs..

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Posting on here from time to time as the show goes on makes it that much better. We usually get lots of non regulars on the forum for the night too. Which can be good or bad actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Is this a 1am start time? Trying to work out if a power nap might be needed beforehand

skipper_G wrote: »
    Is this a 1am start time? Trying to work out if a power nap might be needed beforehand

It is indeed 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Think the main event is gonna be something special tonight. The title match has 5 star potential also

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait for the show tonight

Have to watch the last 2 hours of the HOF and then I'll tune in for the pre show at midnight

Can't wait to see Ricochet and the NA title match , the main event and the tag title match will be good too

Will there be any new big signings in the front row ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the show tonight

Have to watch the last 2 hours of the HOF and then I'll tune in for the pre show at midnight

Can't wait to see Ricochet and the NA title match , the main event and the tag title match will be good too

Will there be any new big signings in the front row ???

Is Lashley on the way in?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is Lashley on the way in?

He would be main roster surely ???

Be interesting him in NXT for a short while before moving up

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TakeOver or Ring Of Honor's Supercard Of Honor? Decisions, Decisions.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    TakeOver or Ring Of Honor's Supercard Of Honor? Decisions, Decisions.

I knw it's not wwes decision could they be dicks and block all non wwe wrestling events in the state for mania weekend ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I knw it's not wwes decision could they be dicks and block all non wwe wrestling events in the state for mania weekend ??

The events going on is one of the attractions for fans and helps them sell so many tickets for the mainia show, ROH does not take any money away from them as there are more than enough (ticket buyers) to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Very excited for this. I'm into everything on the card Gargano & Ciampa is such a great story I'm expecting this one to give me all the emotions.
    Almas & Black could be great, especially if the crowd are hot for it.

I've watched five WrestleMania Weekend shows already and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Hopefully this show lives up to hype because it has the potential to be something special.

Enjoy everyone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Even this intro would have you pumped even if you had no idea of the card

Vince must be getting a hard on looking at ec3 physique lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hoping for a dream win here.

• Advertisement

Have a feeling there going too Ryback/Strowman Lars Sullivan when he goes to the main roster and have him squash robbers for months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I"ve watched most of Lucha Underground. Richohet is outstanding talent. hopefully he doesn't get stuck in the cruiserweights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Have a feeling there going too Ryback/Strowman Lars Sullivan when he goes to the main roster and have him squash robbers for months

He is seems very plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just pictured him battering a load of repo men wannabes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I haven't seen ricochet before, that shooting star press off the top was a nice introduction

Ricochet is amazing and could have a huge future in wwe

Cillian Dane could also get the Jobber duty on the main roster but he's an Irishman

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Adam Cole BayBay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thought the dream was gone there the refs seemed to be talking to everyone as if doing a different finish cause he was hurt or something. Good to see him back even if I don't watch nxt every week I like what I see from him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was such a dangerous spot from Dream/Ricochet.

I think EC3 has been pretty crap in this. Not the best debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

4/10 not enough chain wrestling.

Advertisement