Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: New Orleans 7-4-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Black deserves this win. The man just oozes charisma and presence

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nobody pulls off the final boss super villain look like Ciampa does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

No music was a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Asshole" and genuine "You suck" chants.

Ciampa with nuclear heat.

No music was a great choice.

I bet they’re regretting it now with the very clear “F**k you Ciampa!” chants. :pac:

• Advertisement

Holy molly. That was a painful spot.

Vince must be losing his mind with the very audible "**** you Ciampa" chants.

“You’re a wanker” chants now. That’s always good to hear as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor guy getting his crutches taken but I imagine it's a plant as you seriously can't do that

A powerbomb on the concrete...

"You deserve it."

I love this crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Hottest crowd in a long time, this is why I got into wrestling again

What a sadastic son of a bitch!!

Jesus Christ! How is this still going?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Best story telling in WWE in absolute ages. Incredible.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Best story telling in WWE in absolute ages. Incredible.

Was just gonna mention it. This is superb.

Another 5 star match for Johnny, in my opinion.

What a fcuking finish. 5 stars. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was just gonna mention it. This is superb.

It really is fantastic, a great good guy / bad guy dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

See Vince? That's how you book a long-term story. Not "Reigns vs Lesnar, lol"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That was incredible.

In terms of story telling one of the best matches I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I look at the TakeOver shows, then look to the main roster shows, and I wonder to myself how NXT can be part of the WWE, the difference at times is unbelievable..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I look at the TakeOver shows, then look to the main roster shows, and I wonder to myself how NXT can be part of the WWE, the difference at times is unbelievable..

On phone... can someone insert the

'IT'S ME AUSTIN' GIF please?

About all that is required to explain it imo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Ciampa getting injured last year really was a blessing in disguise since it added soo many layers to the match.

Necrominus wrote: »
    On phone... can someone insert the

'IT'S ME AUSTIN' GIF please?

About all that is required to explain it imo. :P

its-me-austin-gif.gif

:pac::pac:

On a more serious note, and I'm going back to Triple H's feud with Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania last year, if this morning proves what Triple H (and whoever else assists him with running NXT) can do as the creator, then it's safe to say the WWE will be in safe hands when the day comes that either Vince packs it in, or ya know Death finally gets one over The Higher Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Asshole" and genuine "You suck" chants.

Ciampa with nuclear heat.

The NXT crowd have the right attitude and are willing to go along with the story being told. So refreshing to see and it was a great moment.

Loved Roddy's turn and was probably the highlight of the night for me. Wonder will Roddy go after Black now so that they have all the gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great show.. don’t follow nxt too much but still enjoyed it. Found Mauro on commentary great!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Best takeover ever. Not many shows start with a 5 star match and end with one. That was all proper wrestling good stories, great logic and wrestling skills off the charts. Damn that was a fun show to watch

Aj and shinsuke are gonna have their work cut out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

AJ/Nak has the chance to equal any Takeover match from an in ring perspective, but story wise they're miles behind. Basically they're two guys who knew each other in Japan and want to right to see who's the better man. Sometimes that's not a bad story but when you consider the history between both guys we could've gotten something more substantial than we did.

In general NXT is better at building up angles that make you want to see the matches at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show. And the Ciampa/Gargano fight had one of the best builds right up to the preshow when they had Candice and even the ref on. As glad as I was that there was no interference, I was just thinking you could imagine the heat anyone who helped Ciampa would get, especially if it was Candice.

Ladder match was great. Was worried for Dream when he went to the outside and they had a medic come down. But he continued on. I keep forgetting he's only 22. Surprised Cole won. Figured it would go to one of the new guys. Seemed Lars was the only one getting booed when climbing the ladder, though I think it may have been genuine heel booing as opposed to Reigns type heat.

Strong turn was the best thing for him. Earlier they had him as the underdog role but with Gargano filling that role more effectively he was kind of lost. Now he just got more interesting. And sets up a new feud for him with Dunne and whoever he brings with him.

I think Baeszler needs more fine tuning before she's ready for the main roster. She's a heavy hitter and all about submissions, but there are areas she needs to improve. Giving her the title was needed to make her look like a force to be reckoned with since losing to Ember twice in a row wouldn't be great for her.

For the NXT title, I didn't really care who won. Not that I didn't care about the match, but felt both guys would deserve it.

I know they mentioned JJ and Dustin as well as the Horsewomen, but did they mention anyone else in attendance? I saw Sasha, Bayley and Shane there. Cool they were just there as fans and not to be called out for an appearance. Though Shane had the boys. Also saw The Rock's mother and daughter(?)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great show. And the Ciampa/Gargano fight had one of the best builds right up to the preshow when they had Candice and even the ref on. As glad as I was that there was no interference, I was just thinking you could imagine the heat anyone who helped Ciampa would get, especially if it was Candice.

Ladder match was great. Was worried for Dream when he went to the outside and they had a medic come down. But he continued on. I keep forgetting he's only 22. Surprised Cole won. Figured it would go to one of the new guys. Seemed Lars was the only one getting booed when climbing the ladder, though I think it may have been genuine heel booing as opposed to Reigns type heat.

Strong turn was the best thing for him. Earlier they had him as the underdog role but with Gargano filling that role more effectively he was kind of lost. Now he just got more interesting. And sets up a new feud for him with Dunne and whoever he brings with him.

I think Baeszler needs more fine tuning before she's ready for the main roster. She's a heavy hitter and all about submissions, but there are areas she needs to improve. Giving her the title was needed to make her look like a force to be reckoned with since losing to Ember twice in a row wouldn't be great for her.

For the NXT title, I didn't really care who won. Not that I didn't care about the match, but felt both guys would deserve it.

I know they mentioned JJ and Dustin as well as the Horsewomen, but did they mention anyone else in attendance? I saw Sasha, Bayley and Shane there. Cool they were just there as fans and not to be called out for an appearance. Though Shane had the boys. Also saw The Rock's mother and daughter(?)

The Undisputed Era vs. British Strong Style, it'll happen..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just finished watching takeover from last night. I didn't watch it live and avoided spoilers. That may go down as the wrestlemania 17 of nxt. Every match deleivered and that main event was un****ingbelievable. Both guys and the crowd made it into an all time classic.

Advertisement