Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's shirt alterations

• 06-04-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its possible (and worthwhile) getting work shirts (business shirts) altered in size?

Have a large collection of shirts from Thomas Lewin or the top end of the M&S ranges in a 15.5inch regular fit.

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year and am now more like a 14.5 regular or tailored.

I'll keep some in case the weight returns but rather than spending a fortune on a new wardrobe would be great to get some altered if possible.

Any recommendations or pointers greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Is the neck size still ok? If it's just a matter of slimming the sides down it's an easy enough fix for any decent tailor/alterations person. Might be 10-15 euro per shirt if it's just the sides, might be a bit more if you need arms slimmed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Is the neck size still ok? If it's just a matter of slimming the sides down it's an easy enough fix for any decent tailor/alterations person. Might be 10-15 euro per shirt if it's just the sides, might be a bit more if you need arms slimmed too.

Thanks yes the neck size is fine, its business casual so an open neck is fine. Its just the sides really, I'm swimming in them. I could bring in a shirt that fits me well I guess and ask to see if they could match?

Any recommendations in Dublin area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Thanks yes the neck size is fine, its business casual so an open neck is fine. Its just the sides really, I'm swimming in them. I could bring in a shirt that fits me well I guess and ask to see if they could match?

Any recommendations in Dublin area?

That's probably your best bet, yeah. TBH anywhere that does alterations should be able to do that, from the likes of a dry cleaners/alterations place to say a Zipyard.

Advertisement