Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swarovski 4-20×56

• 06-04-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Just looking for information if anyone has used this scope before I plan on buying it any information would be brilliant the turret is done in 1/10 of a mil instead of moa thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Keith2828

Has anyone uses this scope just trying to gather information before I plan to buy the turret is done in 1/10 mil instead of moa thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Sorry I have no experience of that particular scope. But just in case you didnt know its a knock off. What is your intended use for it hunting or target. There are a lot of excellent s/h scopes out there for good money.
    Have a look over in the for sale section here some scopes and mounts for a few extra € and reputable brands.

solarwinds wrote: »
    Sorry I have no experience of that particular scope. But just in case you didnt know its a knock off. What is your intended use for it hunting or target. There are a lot of excellent s/h scopes out there for good money.

Mostly hunting to be honest at the moment I have the burris four x 3-12×56 it's not a bad scope but I would rather get my hand on something with ballistic turrets as the scope I have dose not have them unfortunately I would be looking to get a fairly decent at a right price and information would be great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I'm sitting here on duty bored to death ....so I'll bite....

You know this has to be a knock off! The original lense caps are dearer to buy then that offer.

By the way I have the Pay pal warmed up just in case it a genuine deal.

I'm sitting here on duty bored to death ....so I'll bite....

You know this has to be a knock off! The original lense caps are dearer to buy then that offer.

By the way I have the Pay pal warmed up just in case it a genuine deal.

Haha thanks yes theirs no doubt it's a knock off but just the brand it's ment to be an the price it is,is very eye catching and I'm wondering would I just be wasting my money or could it be an actual good buy that's why I came here to see if anyone had any opinions on this 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Can I offer a small bit of advice. If your looking to combine a target turret style scope to your .243 just remember that even shooting 100gr SP bullets you've a fairly flat shooting round. It's basicly point and shoot out to approx 250 yards and for me that's good enough for deer and fox. Since starting stalking my max range to date is 225 ish yards (ranged) on open hill with most average less the 200 and often way less the 100. Most foxs we call in as close as we can to give them the good news in person.

The point is, keep your kit simple, zero your gun in at a senseable range, test it out to 300yrd and then hunt as close as you can., no hold over, Kentucky windage or dial up or down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Keith2828 wrote: »
    Just looking for information if anyone has used this scope before I plan on buying it any information would be brilliant the turret is done in 1/10 of a mil instead of moa thanks

These are cheap copies - lots of them on the internet

There is no way you'll ever get a Swarovski scope, even second hand, for these prices.

There is no point buying a copy of an expensive scope - can't depend on it - you'll be buying again.

For hunting - I would only change the scope you have for a better, more expensive, genuine scope.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/made-in-china-imitation-swarovskl-4-20x56/254892488.html

http://www.ohhunt.com/swarovski-4-20x56-sfir-riflescopes_p1233.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Imitation-Swarovskl-4-20x56-SFIR-Mil-dot-glass-F40-1-crosshairs-Rifle-Scopes-Made-In-China/32358355515.html

Can I offer a small bit of advice. If your looking to combine a target turret style scope to your .243 just remember that even shooting 100gr SP bullets you've a fairly flat shooting round. It's basicly point and shoot out to approx 250 yards and for me that's good enough for deer and fox. Since starting stalking my max range to date is 225 ish yards (ranged) on open hill with most average less the 200 and often way less the 100. Most foxs we call in as close as we can to give them the good news in person.

The point is, keep your kit simple, zero your gun in at a senseable range, test it out to 300yrd and then hunt as close as you can., no hold over, Kentucky windage or dial up or down.

Yea good advice thanks for the input cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

Have a look over in the for sale section here some scopes and mounts for a few extra € and reputable brands.
    A real Swarovski of that value would cost ya €1800 second hand not to mind nothing else mike Duggan on Facebook is having a demo day on scopes nxt Saturday the 14 th in Kerry at an riocht shooting range in Tralee if ur interested in one or thinking of buying one 2nd hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

ace86 wrote: »
    A real Swarovski of that value would cost ya €1800 second hand not to mind nothing else mike Duggan on Facebook is having a demo day on scopes nxt Saturday the 14 th in Kerry at an riocht shooting range in Tralee if ur interested in one or thinking of buying one 2nd hand
    Will there be second hand stuff on sale that day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

Kran wrote: »
    Will there be second hand stuff on sale that day?
    I can’t answer that but if u checkout his Facebook page he could answer that if u are on Facebook, if not his number is
    *(087) 261 6185‬ he will tell u what’s on he might have 2nd handones in the shop himself maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

ace86 wrote: »

You can get them for less than that. I dont have experience of the knock offs but i do of the genuine article.
    I sold a 6-24x50 habicht a few years ago here for €1300.
    I have recently bought another one for €750 and have just got it back from Swarovski after having it serviced, the main tube body replaced because of scope ring damage and fitted with target turrets. The cost was about €260.
    If anyone would like to part with €1800 its yours.
    All Im saying is there is great value in s/h scopes out there and if its a reputable brand and a bit beaten up it doesnt cost a fortune to have it brand new again.

Advertisement