Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are EIR such a disaster.

Options
  • 06-04-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Ok applied to get Eir fibre installed 9 weeks ago, after 7 visits from K&N  it finally went in  21/3/18. And what a disaster the guy ran the wire across a bedroom door( its just hanging there waiting to be caught in the door) down along a wardrobe where he drilled through the wardrobe then battered a hole through the inside panel of the built in wardrobe and through another panel then he drilled from here through a wall, the drill bit chawing away at the wardrobe. I have never seen such ****e work in my life and I had a rod down through another conduit for him. Anyway that was only the start of the trouble it failed to work as I believe it was set up wrong.
    I spent approx 4 hours on the phone the next day which was thursday, to be told by tech support that I would have a new modem delivered the next day, I had a wedding and a vat return due so left the wedding to do the return to be told the delivery of the modem wasnt logged. Roll on Monday, I spent 6 hours on the phone between 1901, 1890 and 1850 and a number of emails to various Eir addresses still havent received a reply or no one from K&N came t repair or look at the ****e work. 
    I did however have a technician  from Eir come out with a modem on the following Tuesday, a pure gent who done all he could for me and set up all I needed. 
    The fibre is almost none existent and had a better service previous with DLS.
    Who is responsible for the repairs  to the install and the repairs to my built in wardrobe..
    Also customer care is abhorrent one of the worst I have come across in any service/business....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

macadam wrote: »
    Ok applied to get Eir fibre installed 9 weeks ago, after 7 visits from K&N  it finally went in  21/3/18. And what a disaster the guy ran the wire across a bedroom door( its just hanging there waiting to be caught in the door) down along a wardrobe where he drilled through the wardrobe then battered a hole through the inside panel of the built in wardrobe and through another panel then he drilled from here through a wall, the drill bit chawing away at the wardrobe. I have never seen such ****e work in my life and I had a rod down through another conduit for him. Anyway that was only the start of the trouble it failed to work as I believe it was set up wrong.
    I spent approx 4 hours on the phone the next day which was thursday, to be told by tech support that I would have a new modem delivered the next day, I had a wedding and a vat return due so left the wedding to do the return to be told the delivery of the modem wasnt logged. Roll on Monday, I spent 6 hours on the phone between 1901, 1890 and 1850 and a number of emails to various Eir addresses still havent received a reply or no one from K&N came t repair or look at the ****e work. 
    I did however have a technician  from Eir come out with a modem on the following Tuesday, a pure gent who done all he could for me and set up all I needed. 
    Who is responsible for the repairs  to the install and the repairs to my built in wardrobe..
    Also customer care is abhorrent one of the worst I have come across in any service/business....
    Hi macadam, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Another 6 days since I posted this and still nothing from EIR,. What a useless shower..

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Hi macadam, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Did you PM Tracey as per her suggestion, above?

Ki ki wrote: »
    Hi macadam, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Yes I did.. Think its time for the legal route..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi macadam, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi  macadam ,

Tracey is not present at the moment.

Feel free to send the same PM to myself and I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi macadam, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi  macadam ,

Feel free to send the same PM to myself and I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Great, another reply and it only took a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Kn are an embarrassment to deal with. The technician I got was decent but those who coordinate the slots are not serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Hi  macadam ,

Thanks

Thomas

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

May I suggest that Eir set up some sort of group reps account that each of the support staff have access to so that anyone with an issue doesn't have to go back to the beginning of the story every time someone is off for a day.

Two of the other phone providers on boards have a reps account for this purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

I thought my experience was bad! We changed from Virgin to Eir for broadband and TV. KN arrived out early and did the install but eir couldn't enable the service until the original install date so no TV for two weeks. Then the box failed to activate so we had an engineer visit to give us a new one. Neither engineer could get HDMI to work, only analog. Both blamed the TV.

Then we bundled a mobile phone into the account and they accidentally cancelled our TV on a bank holiday weekend and couldn't fix it till Tuesday. Except that didn't work and it took another week and another engineer visit and another replacement box to sort it. At least this engineer was able to get HDMI working, turns out it wasn't the TV afterall!

Doing that made a mess of our bill so the next one was almost 50e overcharged. It took three calls to customer service to get that fixed, time will tell if it worked or not.

Now my other mobile bill has dropped a discount and I'm going round in circles on their IVR trying to find a real person to talk to.

This is driving me nuts. Ten years with Virgin and Meteor and I had no problems at all!

Edit: forgot the most annoying thing of all. No customer care team working the phones outside of office hours. What a crock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Their "no questions asked " 14 day cooling off period is a joke..between all the phone calls to cancel i must have spent at least an hour of my life on hold...every time i called, the system would'nt recognise my account or phone number, meaning having to ring "sales" every time...
    They said that it was because i cancelled my account...which arose again when i tried to return the equipment through Parcel Motel....
    My experience with them was frustrating at the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

They hire customer care ppl who are inept,rude,that give misinformation,haven't a clue,and are clueless,ppl get real,EiR customer care DONT CARE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

They hire customer care ppl who are inept,rude,that give misinformation,haven't a clue,and are clueless,ppl get real,EiR customer care DONT CAREwhy PM ! Let people on this forum see how bad u treat customers,eir are a complete joke,Google customer care eir,see what people have been out through

Hi macadam, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi  macadam ,

Thanks

Thomas
    No sign of any help from the Thomas fella either another 4 days and no response from the EIR TEAM 11 Not surprised really.......

I think EIR could be doing with a few more lay offs as there are a lot more not up to the job, especially customer care !!

I think EIR could be doing with a few more lay offs as there are a lot more not up to the job, especially customer care !!
    Hi macadam ,

I am yet to receive a PM from yourself. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Registered my complaint on 20/4/18  with the email given by Thomas (https://www.eir.ie/complaints/) after numerous other complaints lodged with various EIR departments, and guess what still no replies or actions from any department within this secret society !!! Think the ombudsman is the next route.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 28112827

Save yourself a lot of hassle and leave now.

Even after you persevere through these ‘teething issues’ they’ll bill you incorrectly, the service will drop out when an inept from kn connects your neighbor, their tv box will crash every other week.

In the end, they’ll hike your bill, you’ll take the opportunity to leave by becoming out of contract. But guess what? They’ll forget to cancel your service properly, not collect their own substandard equipment, and then send your incorrectly balanced account to some debt collector.

And you have to listen to hours of sh1t from poorly trained cs staff.

Folks, welcome to Eir.

28112827 wrote: »
    Save yourself a lot of hassle and leave now.

Even after you persevere through these ‘teething issues’ they’ll bill you incorrectly, the service will drop out when an inept from kn connects your neighbor, their tv box will crash every other week.

In the end, they’ll hike your bill, you’ll take the opportunity to leave by becoming out of contract. But guess what? They’ll forget to cancel your service properly, not collect their own substandard equipment, and then send your incorrectly balanced account to some debt collector.

And you have to listen to hours of sh1t from poorly trained cs staff.

Folks, welcome to Eir.
    Hi 28112827 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

So you along with the rest of EIR are ignoring me, it seems we dont count.
     Ill be seeing my solicitor on Monday, yes its a bank holiday but he has agreed to meet me regarding this issue I hope he charges well...

• Advertisement

Ill be seeing my solicitor on Monday, yes its a bank holiday but he has agreed to meet me regarding this issue I hope he charges well...
    If you are looking to speak with a member of our complaints team directly, you can contact them on 1800 200 481.

Thanks

Thomas

If you are looking to speak with a member of our complaints team directly, you can contact them on 1800 200 481.

Thanks

Thomas
    So you want me to spend another couple of hours of my time on the phone to spun a load of bull**** and be sent from Billy to Jack and then to Jeff, not likely I have spent at least 14-15 hours on the phone to various number s within Eir and fed the same bull**** each time I want action, if you cant organise it on a public forum your in the wrong job mate.

Thanks

Thomas
    So you want me to spend another couple of hours of my time on the phone to spun a load of bull**** and be sent from Billy to Jack and then to Jeff, not likely I have spent at least 14-15 hours on the phone to various number s within Eir and fed the same bull**** each time I want action, if you cant organise it on a public forum your in the wrong job mate.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Still nothing happening regardless of how many emails I send or calls I make, <snip>.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Still nothing happening regardless of how many emails I send or calls I make, <snip>.
    Eir dont be so long about editing a few comments, but after 7 months I still havent heard or seen anyone and Im still left with damage totaling €2500 the fibre wire is still hanging over a bedroom door and no one gives a ****, you cannot contact them when you do you are passed from billy to jack then to jacquline then to thomas  etc and so on. I have made and sent 17 emails and each time they want more information, unless I make up lies I cannot tell anymore as the pictures I send explain everything unless they are all completely thick.. K & N Networks are partially to blame in this and they are equally as bad if not worse to contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Macadam,

I previously responded to your other thread requesting your account details however I can see you already PM'd your details to Thomas. I have escalated this to the relevant department as high priority for immediate action. I hope to have an update for you today.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Macadam,

I previously responded to your other thread requesting your account details however I can see you already PM'd your details to Thomas. I have escalated this to the relevant department as high priority for immediate action. I hope to have an update for you today.

Thanks,

Sarah
    This thread was opened in April for an issue that was already ongoing for 9 weeks and it's only now, 5 months later, that it gets escalated as high priority? 

In case anyone reading this thread has any doubt as to whether eir have any interest in helping their customers, this should clear things up. I had the exact same experience when trying to get help around this time last year. It's not the reps fault, their job is clearly limited to stalling people rather than help. 

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

I don't know how many times I have contacted reps on here and never ever got any help ,usually after sending off numerous pms with all my details I receive a pm tellling me to contact a certain number :mad: here is two replies I received to my last pms "In order to get confirmation on this I would reccomend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303" and "I would reccomend contacting our support team to have this looked into, I do not have access to the system at the moment to investigate this further for you"  what is the point of this talk to as it seems like a waste of everybody's time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi MacAdam,

Could you possibly PM me with photographs of the damage. I have received a response from the relevant team and they have advised that once the images are sent on they will arrange a call out for this to be resolved.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi MacAdam,

Could you possibly PM me with photographs of the damage. I have received a response from the relevant team and they have advised that once the images are sent on they will arrange a call out for this to be resolved.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Can you pm me an email address, I have already sent the pictures on numerous emails to various departments within Eir. Sent to these email addresses as requested, ccm@eir.ie     

support.business@eircom.net

[font=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]plantalterations@eir.ie[/font]

[font=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sent to these three address after being requested to do so, but still no one has come to inspect the disgraceful install.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The attached picture is just the start of the install and it gets worse, we cannot have children use this room in case they pull or catch the wire in the door etc as it drops down and is drilled in through a newly built in wardrobe, the remainder of the work wasnt drilled it was hacked out with a screwdriver and was butchered, I had rods in a conduit and he refused to use this. Im actually disgusted with both Eir and K&N networks they have showed no interest in the disgrace of an install. I actually dont know how they are getting away with this.  [/font]

Advertisement