Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asking Friends to Invoice Query

• 06-04-2018 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm a musician that's registered as a sole trader but from time to time I have people perform live with me as guests for which I pay them (not large fees and prob never more than €100). The people I perform with are close friends and I feel a bit naff asking them to invoice me for their fees but I also need to show that these are legitimate expenses when I submit records to my accountant. Is there any workaround here? I know one venue in the city that would have bands sign receipts in a receipt book on payment for their own records. Would this hold up under scrutiny from Revenue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

I'm a musician that's registered as a sole trader but from time to time I have people perform live with me as guests for which I pay them (not large fees and prob never more than €100). The people I perform with are close friends and I feel a bit naff asking them to invoice me for their fees but I also need to show that these are legitimate expenses when I submit records to my accountant. Is there any workaround here? I know one venue in the city that would have bands sign receipts in a receipt book on payment for their own records. Would this hold up under scrutiny from Revenue?

There is actually a danger that you would be considered an employer in these cases, if Revenue look at your records.

If your friends also invoice and are paid by the venue, you may have an out, if they don't look too close, but, depending on your turnover levels this could be looked at as VAT avoidance.

Advertisement