Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to get rid of rubbish

Options
  • 06-04-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Where can I do it in the Kildare area? I am waiting for the rubbish company to give me bins but I do nor know how long they are going to take and I would like to get rid of some rubbish.

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Where bouts are you? I use Silliot hill in Kilcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Also Thornton’s have a recycling place in Dunboyne, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Uzo69

matchthis wrote: »
    Where bouts are you? I use Silliot hill in Kilcullen

can u go there and drop your rubish?

Uzo69 wrote: »
    Yes. The link gives you the Opening hours and the charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

brian_t wrote: »
    Yes. The link gives you the Opening hours and the charges.

Last time it was €220 per ton.....22c per kg so average black bag might be one or two euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're in North Kildare, Coolmine may work out cheaper depending on what you have - Fingal's rates aren't weight based, but they don't accept generic household waste.

The 'hazardous' charge at all of 4 quid seems to be always waived - I've never paid despite declaring - and they take all normal household recycling, WEEE and cooking and motor oil FOC anyway. Probably just as well for the hazardous fee as there's loads of stuff that most people would put in the black bin that I keep for hazardous disposal.

Also got charged the 'car van' rate for a Transit Connect which I would consider a small van, which was a nice saving - not the €88 difference it is now, but maybe €70 then.

bduffy wrote: »
    Last time it was €220 per ton.....22c per kg so average black bag might be one or two euro.

The link says - minimum charge – €6

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

brian_t wrote: »
    The link says - minimum charge – €6

Sure, but your average bag is probably 5 kg so it's around a euro per bag.
    The minimum charge and fuel costs then have to be considered....also I think the weight is only measured in units of 10kg based on the receipts I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Uzo69 wrote: »

Yeah by driving in they weigh yer car. You dump the rubbish into big skips they have set out and then they weigh the car after that and work out the weight difference to see what rubbish you had. They then charge you by the kilo. Can be busy at times, but it opens at 8 and I’d normally goon way to work and would only be a bout 5 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Ask a friendly neighbour who doesn't have many people in the house if can you share their bin/s for a while and offer some money.

Advertisement