Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Computer with Cadence

Options
  • 06-04-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi.
    Looking for a bike computer with basic info and cadence.
    Like the cateye padrone digital but requires bluetooth to be on your phone all the time.
    Would like a unit I can upload all details later after ride.
    What is best option for approx 100 budget.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭dom_1000

<snip >
    No advertising in the main forum
    -nee

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pete6296

dom_1000 wrote: »
    <snip >
    No advertising in the main forum
    -nee

I'm not advertising?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

pete6296 wrote: »
    I'm not advertising?

The other poster was. Anyway, A used Garmin 500 is possibly your best bet or sometimes you'll get a New Garmin 25 around that price mark.

Bryton have some computers in that price range, some that come with a HRM/Cadence too. I've had several Bryton's across the range and they've ranged from unreliable to rock solid.

Keep an eye on the adverts section, perhaps put in a wanted ad.

There have been several similar threads lately asking for GPS/Computer recommendations too so have a search, shouldn't have to go back too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pete6296

Weepsie wrote: »
    The other poster was. Anyway, A used Garmin 500 is possibly your best bet or sometimes you'll get a New Garmin 25 around that price mark.

Bryton have some computers in that price range, some that come with a HRM/Cadence too. I've had several Bryton's across the range and they've ranged from unreliable to rock solid.

Keep an eye on the adverts section, perhaps put in a wanted ad.

There have been several similar threads lately asking for GPS/Computer recommendations too so have a search, shouldn't have to go back too far.

Thanks a mill. Might stretch budget to 250 so might have more options. All look good till you find out sensors not included

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Edge 25 seems to cover all you want for the 125 mark. I think I have a spare sensor for it if you buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I had this one for 3 years:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/cateye-strada-cadence-9-function-rd200/rp-prod28224

Bike was knocked over at a coffee stop and ruined the mount or I'd still have it.
    I have the digital version now, which I can't seem to find for sale, it has no phone link at all. Neither has the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I've a brand new Giant Neostrack, never used, bought it when they were on sale a while back in the shop in Cork, if you gave me what I paid minus postage its yours.
    Has loads of features, all the ones youre looking for, but I just havent found the need to use it and would probably go garmin if I felt the need in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Anyone got any places to recommend purchase a cadence sensor? I've bought a bike (waiting for delivery) and bought an Edge 25 so would be interesting in buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

n1ck wrote: »
    Anyone got any places to recommend purchase a cadence sensor? I've bought a bike (waiting for delivery) and bought an Edge 25 so would be interesting in buying one.

I have this one. Does the job nicely.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32827695336.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32827695336&productSubject=32827695336&shortkey=b2miARZV&addresstype=600

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

n1ck wrote: »

I have this one. Does the job nicely.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32827695336.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32827695336&productSubject=32827695336&shortkey=b2miARZV&addresstype=600
    Thank you! Just purchased :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement