Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New helmet for a mallet head

Options
  • 06-04-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Looking at getting a new helmet but finding that getting one that fits suitably is a struggle.
    I currently have a lazer which is fine but it looks and feels quite bulky. Tried planet x and got a large helmet but was too small and extremely uncomfortable.
    Any recommendations, nothing too pricey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm a big fat headed bloke, Kask Mojito XL is one of very few that actually fits me.

Getting a cap to match, still working on that...

I wear a Specialized Max at the minute nice fit likely a good bit cheaper than the Kask but I've worn those very comfortably in the past. Sizing on an XL Max is 59-64cm

EDIT: Actually now that Ed mentions caps I must check the box as I think the Max may come with a visor clip on , though I'd still prefer a nice fitting cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ED E wrote: »
    I'm a big fat headed bloke, Kask Mojito XL is one of very few that actually fits me.

Getting a cap to match, still working on that...

Galibier cotton caps work the finest for me as I've same issue and using same helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has had to send back a large helmet. Since thing I've always found Giro size large to be a good fit, think it is 59-63cm

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

I'm slightly bigger than a 63 and a Giro Savant works for me, tho colours are limited in XL. My Met testagrossa is cheaper spare I have and used to come in a 64 size but I'm not sure they're made anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dahat wrote: »
    Galibier cotton caps work the finest for me as I've same issue and using same helmet.
    One size fits most
    ^ Death knell for me usually. Even the XL caps I've ordered give compression headaches. The stretchy lycra winter hats fit me, but dont fit under the lid.

I may recruit a sewing capable friend to mod some pseudo-XL to XLs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive always found Specialized helmets fit my big head the best, struggled to get any other brand to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

I think it’s as much to do with the shape as the size of your head! I’ve always found Bell helmets fit me best ... can’t get on with Giros at all!

Advertisement